there is an ovation 2000 limited edition model for a cheap price on craigs list, and i just wanted to get some other opinions on this guitar and ovations in general. ive played em before (my music teacher swears by them) and i really like the thinner neck much like an electric guitar.

my main concern is the ability to be a strumming/rhythm guitar. Also the loudness unplugged.

also there is another ovation model i was looking at on craigs list as well. Made in USA-Ovation 1778T- Elite.

both of these guitars i can get for roughly under 400 dollars, and im wondering if its worth picking one up, or looking to a different name brand.
MY GEAR

1967 gibson sg special (p-90's)

Crate Blue Voodoo 0212 2x12
Quote by crazydiamondII

hendrix was good but he did nothing to change popular music's path.
Last edited by eyeownyu at Jun 26, 2010,
Ovation is a great brand, but i dont like those carved backs... whatever they're called
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
IMO Ovations play great and sound like crap. If you're strumming and stuff I would NOT recommend it. (But for under 400 there's not much that doesn't sound like crap.)
my brother has one that has the plastic back and it sounds amazing and plays even better. really thin neck for an acoustic(which i like) and its got a built in tuner, and its acoustic/electric. the action is really really low it feel like your playing an electric. i dont know what model it is but id recommend it definately.
ya well i normally play an electric so the more it feels like that actually the better for me and i do not mind the carved back. so if those are really the only two downsides then i might pick this baby up.
MY GEAR

1967 gibson sg special (p-90's)

Crate Blue Voodoo 0212 2x12
Quote by crazydiamondII

hendrix was good but he did nothing to change popular music's path.
my husband has a 1778 elite t. lots of bass, and with the right strings, it sounds great.
I just bought 2078TX Elite T for $450. Brand new. Think they are good guitars for the money and they shine plugged in. They have been used by quite a few good musicians over the years. If its a good deal and you like guitar get it. I prefer deep bowl, to me it sounds better in comparison to some other Ovations as the super shallow sounds paper thin to me. To poster asking as why not just go electric, we all come from different walks of life and have different tastes, I don't mind sacrificing a bit of acoustic sound for ability to plug in if needed. Have you tried to play Les Paul or Stratocaster unplugged while your buddy is wailing on his acoustic. Hence the acoustic/electric. And neck thickness is all in personal preference.