Page 1 of 2
Okay, so I was imagining actually leaving Earth, and setting foot on another celestial body (to keep this realistic, let's just talk about the moon or mars for now).
The more I think about it, the more it blows my mind.
I mean, people get excited just visiting exotic or foreign countries on Earth, imagine what it must feel like to be off the earth, and on a completely different gigantic rock flying through space.

What do you guys think about this?

Excelsior and shit.
Mind blowing indeed, too bad I suck too hard to become an astronaut.
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
I wonder how far we would have to extend our reach into the universe to stop being insignificant.
...In my opinion.
Quote by hootie37
It's a fucking miracle.

Better than magnets even.

I can hardly grasp the size of the country I live in, not to mention the entire world. Now thinking in even bigger terms... yikes. That is too much.

I'm having those "I can't believe I'm doing this" moments pretty often by the way, concerning things of a much smaller scale than space travel.
It'll probably be common after 3 or 4 more generations. Then, kids born there will think it's not a big deal. They'll probably think, those poor saps breathing all the polluted air in Los Angeles or some place have it bad.

Except, they'll be paying some obscene amount to buy their guitars and other gear. A pro would be some other sex positions yet unimagined in their lower gravity (Moon) environment.

^^^

Have a mushroom trip and just imagine you're on a different planet.
I'd pop a massive space boner
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
I think I would be kind of scared.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
I just watched Speilberg's War of the Worlds last night. I'd be too afraid of running into any of those alien @$$holes to leave the planet.
-JBSwreckfest
This is probably my biggest dream ever.

That, and witnessing (even only through TV news) the discovery of an extraterrestrial life form.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
Someone has watched Avatar too many times.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Quote by Epicbizzjizz
I'd like to imagine it would be a bit like Avatar.

A shitty overrated CGI-fest retelling of Pocahontas that appeases morons? I'd like to think it'd be a bit better than that.
I'd be all like "Ayo earth, you second now nigga!"

*crip walks on moon*
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
I'd be all like "Ayo earth, you second now nigga!"

*crip walks on moon*

Oh God
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Quote by AzureNight
A shitty overrated CGI-fest retelling of Pocahontas that appeases morons? I'd like to think it'd be a bit better than that.

Nah, I'm cool with the hitty overrated CGI-fest retelling of Pocahontas that appeases morons...
In my mind, living in space is exactly the same as what they do in Star Trek. I know it's not even close to being realistic like you said, but shit, that would be so awesome.
it'd likely be the greatest moment of my life. to see half of the earth at any given time
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
I read this comic that was set in the future and humans had been living comfortably on the moon and Mars for a few years. A lot of people did 6 month shifts with their jobs on Mars before going to Earth for their holidays. It was all pretty cool.
XIAOXI
Quote by iduno871
^^^

Have a mushroom trip and just imagine you're on a different planet.

I concur. It ****ing sweet.
Get Busy Livin' Or Get Busy Dyin'.
"You dumb moon! Don't you know it's day?"

That was a fun thread.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I hope to one day become an astronaut. Leaving this planet, which so few have done, is my ultimate goal in life. I don't even care where I go, I just want to be in space.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I wonder what the Martian or Moonian (or whatever they're called) accent would be like; considering you've now got Australian accents and American accents coming from Britain and Europe and suchlike, it would be quite weird.

And I have thought about it actually, I think it would be weird. I had a dream once where I was on the closest moon to Mars, and looking at Mars being so big compared to the Moon was like wtf. I wouldn't mind going to Mars.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Worhan
Mind blowing indeed, too bad I suck too hard to become an astronaut.

That's what she said.
I dream of it happening eveyday. I'd love to see us colonize other planets and spread out to other areas of space someday. Then I'd have my own ship and save the ****ing galaxy, and bang a bunch of hot alien chicks while eating exotic sandwhiches.

Maybe I should lay off Mass Effect and Star Wars for a bit...
Sail upon the open skies
WE LANDED ON THE MOON!!!

Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
We shall gather the dumbest of us and freeze ourselves for a thousand years and see what happens.

Slappa tha bass
Page 1 of 2