View poll results: good or not god
good
10 43%
not good
9 39%
other (specify in commet)
4 17%
Voters: 23.
Is the brand Behringer any good? Im not really an 'advanced' player that plays gigs 5-6 times a week but would like some decent effects and mabey a new amp. I don't have all of the money in the world so would the behringer effects and amps be good?
wouldn't suggest behringer to be honest with you.

if you are thinking of getting a new amp and want some effects try a modelling amp, i have a peavey vypyr which has many effects loaded in to it.

15 watt is something like £95

30 watt is something like £175

last time i checked

lan3y

EDIT: vypyr video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5nIDoMdatM
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Limited Edition Worn cherry

Peavey Vypyr 30
Last edited by lan3y at Jun 26, 2010,
behringer guitar stuff isn't great, but I have a PA/Keyboard amp from them and its brutal. their mixers are also pretty nice from my experience.
Dontttt do it. They are cheaply made and will break on you fairly quickly.
Agile 725 7 string w/Blackouts (new paint too)
Jackson Soloist Professional Standard
Jackson SLSMG With Livewire Metals
Fernandes Tremor 4 string
Peavey 5150 2x12 (new tolex and re-biased)
Peavey TNT 100 1x15
Line 6 Pod XT w/FBV
Misc Junk
They're good if you're on a budget.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Don't just dismiss the company because of a few bad products. As with most companies there is bad and good. I have a few behringer pedals which are nice for what you pay for, I wouldn't recommend distortion/od pedals from them, but the reverbs and delays are nice for the £15 you pay for.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
a lot of their stuff is dirt cheap and sucks hard (not speaking from experience however. been scared away by rumours and the general opinion on behringer).

they have a sister company, however, that makes amps. it's called Bugera. and their amps are ***ing awesome and also pretty cheap. got a huge, enormous-sounding, full tube amplifier for around a third of the price a brand-name, US-made, similar amp would cost.

so for a new amp i recommend bugera. had mine for almost a year now (11 months) and i've had NO issues with it.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Quote by nightraven
nah if you're gigging that frequently they won't last.
the effects themselves sound alright (they're cheap copies of famous vintage pedals) but construction isn't built to last. try pick up some used boss pedals, they're very affordable.

im NOT gigging that much. unfortunatly.
Quote by nightraven
nah if you're gigging that frequently they won't last.
the effects themselves sound alright (they're cheap copies of famous vintage pedals) but construction isn't built to last. try pick up some used boss pedals, they're very affordable.

I dunno, I heard the pedals are pretty sturdy. Keep in mind plastic can be very durable.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

behringer has some good stuff that is well built. however, it is not the cheaper stuff that you are looking at.

i would stay away from the cheap stuff. sometimes it lasts, a lot of the time it doesnt. if youve got some time and know how on your hands you could transfer some of their cheaper pedals into metal enclosures, but you are still dealing with the cheaper circuit boards and lower quality innards.
Quote by nightraven
oh, you're NOT gigging 5-6 times a week
misread
well if they're just for bedroom practising and playing around with then by all means go for them. but still the biggest problem with them is their reliability.

not if they're being stomped on at gigs 5-6 times a week like the OP looked like

You've tried it then, I presume?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

It depends.

Some products such as their AD/DA converters are fairly decent and are used by many.

However, there are other products such as the amps which are mediocre at best IMO.

Really, it all depends on the product, not the name. Ignore the name, and you will some decent Behringer products.
behringer are an odd company. They are generally unreliable as hell but you get what you pay for - then there are occasions where you just happen to get a very reliable behringer product which ends up being absolutely brilliant for what you paid for it. But those are rare, and it's a bit of a gamble really.

well they seem to me, from my experience of a very broad range of behringer products thanks to the college i studied sound engineering at having all these rack multi-fx units and studio mixers and stuff, that they are either unreliable, fragile, or just not very nicely put together. I've had behringer crossover units die on me while i'm doing the live sound at gigs, to dramatically explosive and eardrum-bursting effect - the studio mixers at college had horrendously flimsy faders with horribly loose "action".. and the behringer DI boxes i've used have got to be the most horrible noise-inducing pieces of crap i've ever used.

However, sometimes you just get lucky i know a few people who have bought behringer things and found them to be brilliant for the price, because they've just been fortunate enough that nothing has gone wrong.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I think it's a common misconception that Behringer products are all built like shit and will fall apart on you. For the most part that's not the case. For the record, I've got a few behringer mixers and a couple of behringer pedals that have lasted years and sound ok, especially the BO100 which is a blues driver clone and sounds amazing for the price. See this vid from a professional blues musician who uses it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h5p8sokD4Y

That said, you need to exercise caution with behringer- generally stay away from any of the distortions except for the VD-1 (I think) which is their big muff clone and sounds ok (metal chassis too). The overdrives can be very nice for the money (see video), I picked up mine for a tenner a few years ago. The delays and reverbs likewise sound fairly good and the PH-1 (phase 90 clone) is great.

The plastic chassis is far more durable than you think. Here's another video that addresses the issue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QL-6eTHSHQ

as long as you're not beating the crap out of it, it'll hold up just fine, though obviously it's made for people on a budget not those who are gigging 5 times a week so be careful.

the main issue I find with behringers is the poor-quality buffer which seems to suck a fair bit of tone and can add noise. That said, it's not too much of a problem with my pedals.

In short, some behringer pedals and the mixer stuff can actually be pretty decent for the price you pay but you need to be careful and, as always, make sure you try before you buy!
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
If you're looking for cheap pedals, the Danelectro Cool Cat series is a pretty big step up from the bottom of the line Behringer.

Behringer also makes all kinds of studio equipment and stuff too, I've found, but it's cheap for a reason. Quality comes down to production process and parts, and unfortunately you don't often get the best of either with Behringer. The ability for components to stay soldered and stuff like that is really down to chance.