Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Gain, treble & bass full, mids empty.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
inb4 "you can't teh spiderz are sucks"
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Dime has a sort of mid scooped sound, with some mids added and increased treble + bass. Its more recognisable than most scooped sounds cause he added mids. he also used a solid state amp in his later career. You could get a similar tone but dont expect an amazing sound. i'd say the insane/metal green channels.
Quote by Glenn Guitar
Dime has a sort of mid scooped sound, with some mids added and increased treble + bass. Its more recognisable than most scooped sounds cause he added mids. he also used a solid state amp in his later career. You could get a similar tone but dont expect an amazing sound. i'd say the insane/metal green channels.

Actually he had almost always used solid state Randalls for most of his career, but he switched to all-tube Kranks a few weeks before his death (he made that switch while he was in Damageplan though).
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Last edited by rocknrolldude43 at Jun 26, 2010,
Quote by Glenn Guitar

Ahahahahaha
Quote by Glenn Guitar

Ahhh, that makes sense..

Wait, no, it didn't.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by nightraven
i think this is how people here use their MXR 10 band EQs

I am thoroughly confused.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by rocknrolldude43
Actually he had almost always used solid state Randalls for most of his career, but he switched to all-tube Kranks a few weeks before his death (he made that switch while he was in Damageplan though).

Oh yea i got it the wrong way round.
:{
If you run a randomly oscillating fuzz pedal in front of it the sound might start to resemble a show I saw where the band was too drunk to finish songs and Phil was too wasted to stand up. I can’t really think of much else.
Quote by Glenn Guitar

He always used an SS amp. Later in his career, he used tubes.
I find that with the Spider series, its more about finding a usable tone then that of a specific amp...
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Put it on the insane channel, dime everything, roll the mids back to 1, and throw it out of the window a few times
Quote by Kanthras
Ahhh, that makes sense..

Wait, no, it didn't.

IIRC his rig was like a lot of the 80s guys. He'd use an MP-1 in front to boost the mids around 800Hz and then scoop them on the amp. He just scooped way more and on a SS amp. IMO it sounds awful but
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I used to think Dimebag used a Dual Rec. Seriously.

You could probably pull off a very similar tone on a Dual Rec actually. But Dimebag's is tighter and less fizzy.

I liked his tone. Listening back to a lot of old stuff, I do keep missing he'd turn up the mids a bit. But there's ak ind of nice synthy quality to it.
Quote by mmolteratx
IIRC his rig was like a lot of the 80s guys. He'd use an MP-1 in front to boost the mids around 800Hz and then scoop them on the amp. He just scooped way more and on a SS amp. IMO it sounds awful but

Ahh, that makes more sense. Thanks.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras
Ahh, that makes more sense. Thanks.

Yea, the way he worded was pretty confusing. I read it once and was like WTF. Then remembered reading about his MP-1 somewhere and figured that was what he was talking about. I'm not sure if it is but it's somewhat relevant.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
Yea, the way he worded was pretty confusing. I read it once and was like WTF. Then remembered reading about his MP-1 somewhere and figured that was what he was talking about. I'm not sure if it is but it's somewhat relevant.

Actually I think he was joking. Scooping mids but with upped mids? That's the biggest contradiction ever.
Quote by Eryth
Actually I think he was joking. Scooping mids but with upped mids? That's the biggest contradiction ever.

No, EQing before distortion has a different effect than EQing after distortion.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9