hello, im wandering if anybody has an opinion on Edwards guitars?

i hadnt heard of them until recently and now i have been on their website and fallen in love with the lawsuit style explorers they make im just wandering if anybody has owned/played one?

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/ex/E-EX-110D.html

i have asked a music store near me about getting one and they have told me it will take 2-3 months to get them in and havnt quoted a price =/

thanks in advance for any advice =)
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
As far as the price goes, it would likely be somewhere reasonable under 115,500 yen? You could run a currency converter and get a rough estimate at least.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESP_Edwards_Series There's a little info on it.

I think it would be pretty difficult to get one imported. It does seem like a sweet guitar, but I think it would be more trouble than it's worth to try to get.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Last edited by Rogue Hermit at Jun 26, 2010,
the big problem with buying anything in japan is that the pound has devalued a LOT over the past couple of years. When i got my edwards les paul copy, a pound bought you 240 yen. Now it buys you about 130-140. Factor in the extra costs in postage, customs/VAT etc. and you're pretty much talking double the price for the same guitar, which obviously means they're nowhere near as good value as they used to be (LOL). Mine cost me about £400-£500. Now you're talking £800-£900 if you buy from Richtone in the UK, and a similar amount if importing from japan.

Richtone has some edwardses in stock in the UK (though I don't think they have any explorers). I think you can try them, but it might be appointment-only (and obviously it depends on where you are in the UK).

Bear in mind, they're not 100% Japanese-made, they're started off in China.

Tokai has recently re-introduced an MIJ explorer (the ex105), that might be worth considering too. I'm guessing the price would be around £800-£900. EDIT: oh you want a br00tz one, the tokai is more of a classic one. i guess you could always replace the pickups, though (if there's room for a battery).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 26, 2010,
Quote by Dave_Mc

Richtone has some edwardses in stock in the UK (though I don't think they have any explorers). I think you can try them, but it might be appointment-only (and obviously it depends on where you are in the UK).

thats who i have emailed, they told me its 2-3 months to import and i have to phone up on monday to talk cost =/

i would look into getting an epiphone but when i saw the one on the edwards website with the nevada stain it was one of those slow motion moments you see on films where it goes all slow and the wind suddenly blows the hot girls hair around making her look all angelic.... but with a guitar lol
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
edwards are basicly the same as ESP i believe, just not hand made

EDIT: the ESP MX explorers are the lawsuit ones, like the white "eet fuk" one that James Hetfield plays and stuff. those are very pricey, ive seen anywhere from $1800 to $2000ish
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Last edited by M_16A at Jun 27, 2010,
Quote by M_16A

EDIT: the ESP MX explorers are the lawsuit ones, like the white "eet fuk" one that James Hetfield plays and stuff. those are very pricey, ive seen anywhere from $1800 to $2000ish

yeah i know, i meant that shape without the pickguard lol there is no way im going to have enough spare cash to get one of those lol
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
edwards are absolute quality. had a flying v a while back and it blew any gibson f-v out of the river. materials / hardware were of exceptional quality.. on the v what stood out for me were the fingerboard and MoP inlays. just excellent.
Quote by Dave Frenzy
thats who i have emailed, they told me its 2-3 months to import and i have to phone up on monday to talk cost =/

i would look into getting an epiphone but when i saw the one on the edwards website with the nevada stain it was one of those slow motion moments you see on films where it goes all slow and the wind suddenly blows the hot girls hair around making her look all angelic.... but with a guitar lol

hehe

Quote by M_16A

nah not really. i don't think the standard esp line is handmade (could be wrong), and the edwardses are mainly made in china.

so not basically the same, then.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Way good guitars, they blow away many guitars in the price range.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Dave_Mc
... nah not really. i don't think the standard esp line is handmade (could be wrong), and the edwardses are mainly made in china. ...
Wait, when did it go from partly made to mainly made in China?

Dave, you could probably confirm the email posted in that forum and get even more specifics by contacting Edwards yourself. Worthwhile?

Quote by Ippon
Wait, when did it go from partly made to mainly made in China?

Dave, you could probably confirm the email posted in that forum and get even more specifics by contacting Edwards yourself. Worthwhile?

i don't speak or read japanese, lol.

someone on the tokai registry emailed them, and got an answer. I'm sure if you do a search the thread will come up.

I don't have any new info, I just kind of use "partly" and "mainly" interchangeably. From the sounds of it, most of the work (woodwork, painting) is done in china, and then they're put together in japan.

EDIT: i think there's some info on the richtone website, too (a dealer here in the UK who stocks them).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you know just throwing this out there
if this guitar is going to cost a huge amount to import and all that wouldn't it be more worth while to spend all that money on like a custom Charvel or somthing along those lines?
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ