What do you guys think of this recording device? Have any of you ever tried it?
I have one and it works for well for the price. But eventually you're going to want to upgrade to using your analog amp and what not. I say go for it tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHellraiser
Go into Guitar Center and tell them you are willing to spend $3000 on as many Spider and MG half stacks as they can give you.
I'd go with a Pod Studio GX, UX1 or UX2 before I went with a Pod X3 mainly since they are more tailored for recording.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
I don't really need more than about 20% of the features it has to offer, so I'd rather spend the money on an amp that does exactly what I need perfectly. AxeFX, well, that's another matter entirely... *drools*
ohai little sig.
Wow! The Studio GX is such a great price!

And you say that is better than the Line 6 Pod X3?!? That would be pretty shocking considering Line 6 seemed to make the Pod X3 as their best recording device!
I have a GX - Best $99 I ever spent. Sounds amazing and works flawlessly on my PC and my Mac too.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
I have a GX - Best $99 I ever spent. Sounds amazing and works flawlessly on my PC and my Mac too.

Do you think the Line 6 Pod X3 could do the same thing, except it is just more expensive because of all the extra features and stuff?
Quote by Tmusician
Wow! The Studio GX is such a great price!

And you say that is better than the Line 6 Pod X3?!? That would be pretty shocking considering Line 6 seemed to make the Pod X3 as their best recording device!

The Studio GX includes Pod Farm which is essentially a Pod X3 in software form for recording in a DAW. It doesn't quite have all the features on the Pod X3 (mainly, not as many amp and effects models) but can be upgraded to Pod Farm Platinum which pretty much gives you everything your missing.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp