Well I'm getting about fed up.
One problem after another arises when I play guitar, never accomplishing a single thing. Though I spend at least an hour a day devoted to working on techniques that I can't do, using a metronome. Over the past two years, I've failed to make any progress what so ever. I've maybe learned a few songs by ear, but my technique is horrible and most of the time any pleasant sound coming from my playing is on accident.

I do lurk on here, though most complain as I do. So it's hard to acquire any knowledge. Music theory, which I too have spent many o' hour on, I can't seem to grasp.

The most pressing issue comes to my fretting. Oh, boy. Does it drive me insane.
Every ^*$(^( time I fret with my fingers, my strings makes a really frustrating noise that can drive a man mad. Just before my finger presses the string to the fret board, it makes a tapping noise. Which you can hear quite well on my amp.

So I'm quite frustrated. I've spent.. Oh, about $700, which was really difficult scrapping together, to get an amp and a guitar that I've devoted 2 years to just to get frustrated.
Last edited by Pipwud at Jun 26, 2010,
Quote by Pipwud
Well I'm getting about fed up.
One problem after another arises when I play guitar, never accomplishing a single thing. Though I spend at least an hour a day devoted to working on techniques that I can't do, using a metronome. Over the past two years, I've failed to make any progress what so ever. I've maybe learned a few songs by ear, but my technique is horrible and most of the time any pleasant sound coming from my playing is on accident.

I do lurk on here, though most complain as I do. So it's hard to acquire any knowledge. Music theory, which I too have spent many o' hour on, I can't seem to grasp.

The most pressing issue comes to my fretting. Oh, boy. Does it drive me insane.
Every ^*$(^( time I fret with my fingers, my strings makes a really frustrating noise that can drive a man mad. Just before my finger presses the string to the fret board, it makes a tapping noise. Which you can hear quite well on my amp.

So I'm quite frustrated. I've spent.. Oh, about $700, which was really difficult scrapping together, to get an amp and a guitar that I've devoted 2 years to just to get frustrated.

Sign up for lessons. Some one-on-one face-to-face lessons will help you more than we can.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
You probably need to play more lol, I'm on year five, two of them serious (3+ hrs). Just started actually liking how I sound, heh, and my setup cost the same as yours too! (That isn't counting drums/bass/other amps/djeme etc).

Just keep playing, don't get discouraged. Maybe even take a vacation!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."