Page 1 of 2
hey guys, didnt know where else to put this aha.

so my band is playing a gig tomorrow and im thinking about wearing one of my band shirts that i own. is this cool? i have heard people say that its lame to but i dont know. just want opinions!
I usually play with an AC/DC shirt, but to wear your own merchandise?
Meh... try building up an image
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
no one gives a **** what you wear, played many sets. wear whatever youre comfortable in
Running away from this earth.
May it pass away in the beautiful flames that it was created for.
Because when tomorrow fails to come,
today is just not the same.
Inflamed earth.
Roses.
In this hope.
For all i care set it all ablaze.

Yeah just do it if you want. Don't care too much what the others think.
don't wear your own band's shirt. but go ahead and wear a different bands shirt
Play naked, and say thats your band's t-shirt. everyone will already own it!

EDIT: in all seriousness, wear one of the other bands your playing with shirt. it helps support other local acts and gets you in good name with others that youre playing with
NOPE
Last edited by Nakon14 at Jun 26, 2010,
I wore a Justin Bieber shirt to one of my gigs once. I then ripped it off and burned the shirt. One of the most metal things I've ever done.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
I don't know, I usually play with some other band's T-shirt, mostly with a very old Zeppelin shirt (it's well over 5 years old now, the colour's pretty awesome). I wouldn't play with my band's own shirt, Iron Maiden does it but as long as you're getting yourself know it is kind of dumb.

Maybe you could give it to some friends and have them stand in the audience? If people like it, and they like the show, they will ask your friends where to buy them, and if not you can just point out where your merch stand is at the end of the show or before the encore. So that if people like it, they can go on ahead and get one for themselves.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Quote by blinkfan41

so my band is playing a gig tomorrow and im thinking about wearing one of my band shirts that i own. is this cool? i have heard people say that its lame to but i dont know. just want opinions!

Johan Hegg (singer of Amon Amarth) usually wears some of their band's clothes. On music videos and on tour. I don't think that wearing band stuff is bad on a gig... If it just feels comfortable to play with then just wear it.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Nakon14
Play naked, and say thats your band's t-shirt. everyone will already own it!

good one.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by Dream Floyd
I wore a Justin Bieber shirt to one of my gigs once. I then ripped it off and burned the shirt. One of the most metal things I've ever done.

I wore Justin Bieber's skin during a gig.

/metal
Just wear whatever you want. In truth, if anybody should deserve to wear a band's t-shirt it should be the band themselfs.Yeah it might seem a bit lame to some people if you arent popular, but in the end it really doesnt matter.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
I usually don't wear t shirts to shows.

When I've worn band shirts, I've worn the shirts of other bands we are playing the show with. It's funny.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
I usually wear a Beatles, Aerosmith, Metallica, or Van Halen shirt on stage. Depends what I'm playing at the gig.
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Play naked, but wear a tubesock over your penis.
Halfway through take a giant dump into the crowd.
Push it out about halfway first, then turn around and let it fall into the crowd. THat way, nobody will see it coming.
I usually wear something I can rip open. I haven't performed in a long time though.
if you notice, almost every band starting out wore there own t shirts, megadeth wore there own shirts for 5 albums, and no really cares what you wear, if ever people don't like it, f*ck them.
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Who gives a fuck what you wear?

Wear whatever you're comfortable in.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Just don't wear you're own shirt man
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
I like the previously mentioned idea of wearing a shirt of one of the bands you're playing with.

In my area it's lame to wear your own bands merch, but I say do whatcha want
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Wear what ever you want. Wear you own shirt if you want. There is nothing wrong with it.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by blinkfan41

don't make a badge and wear it too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecJKUmFLQ0s
For all that is good, don't be like Iron Maiden and wear your own shirts on stage!
I let you get away so cleanly.
Get out there, give it a go, and most importantly have fun, cobber! Ya don't need to care what all the fellas watchin' ya think. Give it ya best and just dance around a little, feed 'em some melody and just let loose a little, aye? Have a good one, basically mate.
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
Quote by vulcan422
if you notice, almost every band starting out wore there own t shirts, megadeth wore there own shirts for 5 albums, and no really cares what you wear, if ever people don't like it, f*ck them.

Dave still wears a Megadeth wrist thingy.

Personally I'd wear another local bands shirt, especially if you are playing with them.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
for the love of god.
just don't.

people won't take you serious.
it won't do anything positive for your band.

at Pianos Become the Teeth on Thursday night, there was a kid there wearing his own band's shirt.
i wanted to punch him in the cock. seriously.

don't be a dickhole.
Do it. If people don't like it flip them off, or spit on em, or something punk like that.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I don't think it should matter. I think I saw a video of Satch wearing a GnR shirt at one of his shows.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Dream Floyd

I'm laughing at you, not with you.

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I play in a punk band. I just wear my normal clothes, which typically consist of band shirts

Having an image=Douche
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Page 1 of 2