Hey... I don't think there's a thread on this, and I do believe it's an important question, but still quite noob-ish...

how can I connect my footswitch to my amp head? I mean, how does the chain go? is it guitar>footswitch>head>cab? How should I connect the footswitch? I think it's like an effects pedal, so shouldn't it come before the head?\

thanks in advance,

Dennis
Say what I want, do what I can, death to the message of the Ku Klux Klan!
It isn't like a pedal. It should have it's own designated input on the back of the head.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
yeah, there's two jacks under the word Footswitch.... Reverb and Clean/Rhythm/Solo which are the three channels on the head. which one should I connect it to? I've tried both and neither works.
Is the footswitch made to work with your amp? What amp do you have?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
yeah, the footswitch came with the amp, but I bought it all on Craigslist. the footswitch is a generic Crate three-button one, my amp head is a Crate GT1200H and my cab is Crate G412SL.
I'm guessing you have this amp.... (Augh! Musicians friend needs to stop dropping brands!!!) Whatever, is it a Crate half stack? Three channels and a few little effects on it? Cause thats the one my friend has. The footswitch shouldn't be anywhere in your signal chain, you should be plugged straight into the amp head, and the footswitch should also plug in seperately. You can't run your guitar through it, I wasn't even aware that there was anywhere to plug into. Just run a cable from your footswitch to the Clean/Rhythm/Solo jack.
I'm using the good old 1/4 cable to run from my guitar to the footswitch, a 1/4 from the footswitch to the head and a 1/4 from the head to the cab. Can you explain the difference between a stereo cable and a 1/4 inch? the 1/4 inch cables fit perfectly fine in both jacks in the footswitch.
Quote by Danjo's Guitar
I'm guessing you have this amp.... (Augh! Musicians friend needs to stop dropping brands!!!) Whatever, is it a Crate half stack? Three channels and a few little effects on it? Cause thats the one my friend has. The footswitch shouldn't be anywhere in your signal chain, you should be plugged straight into the amp head, and the footswitch should also plug in seperately. You can't run your guitar through it, I wasn't even aware that there was anywhere to plug into. Just run a cable from your footswitch to the Clean/Rhythm/Solo jack.

thanks man!
Quote by Vezdehod
I'm using the good old 1/4 cable to run from my guitar to the footswitch, a 1/4 from the footswitch to the head and a 1/4 from the head to the cab. Can you explain the difference between a stereo cable and a 1/4 inch? the 1/4 inch cables fit perfectly fine in both jacks in the footswitch.

You need a stereo 1/4", the one you are using I guess is mono (that's what I understand when I hear good old 1/4. Just go to any audio store and ask for a stereo 1/4 cable.
Quote by Sguit
You need a stereo 1/4", the one you are using I guess is mono (that's what I understand when I hear good old 1/4. Just go to any audio store and ask for a stereo 1/4 cable.

alright, thanks for the advice.