I've had this Charvel (Seymour Duncan JB/59) for half a year but only recently have I noticed that my bridge pickup is tilted. I havent touched it or messed with the electronics at all.

I found it strange that my bridge pickup on the Charvel is isn't as clear as the pickup on my cheap $200 JamMate. It's not a huge difference, but it is enough to get on my nerves. Could this tilted pickup be behind the issue? What should I do?

Here's the bridge pickup

And here's the neck for comparison (taken at an angle, but is perfectly straight)

Gear
3rd Power Amplification HD100
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender MIM Strat

Check out my YouTube channel!
try messing with the pickup height adjustment screws, and nice amp btw
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Humbuckers have pretty much no choice but to tilt like that, but I'll tell you from personal experience that the Seymour Duncan JBs are kinda muggy to start with. Sounds like the problem is just the pickups themselves, if you'd call it a problem.
Quote by Reisgar42
Humbuckers have pretty much no choice but to tilt like that, but I'll tell you from personal experience that the Seymour Duncan JBs are kinda muggy to start with. Sounds like the problem is just the pickups themselves, if you'd call it a problem.

I've played countless guitars, including a Jackson Soloist just today with the same pickup configuration, and the pickups were not tilted nor was the sound muddy.

@espplayer400: Thanks I'm worried to mess with the screws, are there any potential problems with adjusting them?
Gear
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
Fender MIM Strat

just lower the pickup, i've found that it clears the sound when my pickups sound muddy.
Quote by MG_Sora
just lower the pickup, i've found that it clears the sound when my pickups sound muddy.

/\This/\ The pickup looks very high to me, the spring is probably so compressed that it's making the pickup sit at an angle.
It really wont hurt to try it.

Delboy
The pickup is adjusted way too high, and that's the source of your problem. pickup height is a matter of taste, but gibson stock factory setting is 3/32th of an inch from the top of the pickup poles at the bridge to the string, and 1/16th of an inch from the top of the poles for the neck, equal distance on both low and high strings. Note that this distance is measured when you fret the last fret. If that's too low an output for you, you can start gradually adjusting them until you find the sweet spot, but it's a good point to start from.
i see that one isn't, but some pickup rings are purposely tilted and higher on one side than on the other. it could be possible that instead of doing that they angled the hole for the height adjustment screw. if not then it definitely could be a spring so tightly wound up that it's making the pickup sit sideways.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Ok, I'll look up how to adjust it tomorrow and report back with the results. I've never done this before so I don't want to screw anything up! :P
Gear
Splawn Competition
Marshall 1987x
Vox AC30C2

Charvel San Dimas 1 2H
Fender MIM Strat