I have a buddy who is asking if stringing his locking bridge upside for his left handed son to start playing will hurt anything. I think the biggest issue is installing a new nut, and beyond that everything else should be fine for a beginner. I'm sure if his son has a definite talent, he is more than willing to buy whatever gear he may need. Any thoughts?
The son will be very confused if he keeps playing like hendrix. if the dad is willing to buy gear, just get the son a cheap left handed guitar. this, or have the son be like me, im left handed but learned guitar right handed .
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Peavey 5150II All Tube 120w Head
Avatar contemporary 2x12 (Celestion v30's)
Peavey Vypyr 15w (Fantastic Practice Amp!!!)

Got Djent?
beginner and locking bridge? no, probably not...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I'm thinking lock the bridge, re-string and go. Obviously at this point we're not really worried about intonation and such, just whether or not the kid can play chords and have a buttload of fun.
Quote by gregman1069
I'm thinking lock the bridge, re-string and go. Obviously at this point we're not really worried about intonation and such, just whether or not the kid can play chords and have a buttload of fun.

thats a good idea. should be fine then. just get a new nut, it doesnt even have to be a locking one.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.