Page 1 of 8
So it's gotten pretty violent, Canadians I would suggest you turn CBC on.

Discuss how you feel about them, how you are affected by them, ect.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Did they run out of maple syrup?

That's about they only Canadian joke I can think of.

No, I think hockey is being boycotted this year...

/horriblejoke
It's really interesting, seeing familiar places and whats happening.
Quote by darkcheef
No, I think hockey is being boycotted this year...

/horriblejoke

You know, I'm surprised a war didn't break out against America for the lockout.

And say what you will about milk bags, I'm a fan. I can pour milk in to a glass on the ground from my roof. You don't get that kind of accuracy with the boxed variety of packaging.
so can anyone explain to me why exactly the protest is happening?
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by MangoStarr

The G20 Summit is being held in Toronto. My new place is disturbingly close to the riots, it's not pleasing.
yeah i went downtown today to get a bit of shopping down

i went out for dinner a couple of hours later and the same area I visited earlier was just a mess, glass and horse shit everywhere

Honestly i love this city, but setting 4 cop cruisers on fire, and busting up windows, especially when it was a lot of small businesses taking the punishment and having to take a hit business wise

i understand the right to protest (i really don't understand the reason to protest the G20 but that's just me) but this kind of garbage is totally unnecessary, but at least it justifies the security bill
Its only a few hundred anarchists who are causing the problem, burning police cars and smashing shit amongst a large group of protesters. I honestly think this whole G20 crap is being blown out of proportion. I mean they spent over a billion dollars just to bring 20 dudes to Toronto. If it's us Torontonians who have to pay for this shit, I'll be pissed.

Quote by MinterMan22
Its only a few hundred anarchists who are causing the problem, burning police cars and smashing shit amongst a large group of protesters. I honestly think this whole G20 crap is being blown out of proportion. I mean they spent over a billion dollars just to bring 20 dudes to Toronto. If it's us Torontonians who have to pay for this shit, I'll be pissed.

This is just more evidence supporting that Harper is a right cunt to be honest. From what I heard from the cbc coverage, Harper is the reason the Summit is happening where it is and that he was a complete dick about hearing the opinions of Toronto's leaders.
Quote by MinterMan22

Exactly. They showed up after the demonstration started and hid at the rear with ski masks and hoods on like the cowards they are.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by MinterMan22

They lit 4 cruisers on fire, who's tax dollars do you think are going to into repairing the 200,000 dollars of damage in that case?

this city is usually made of better stuff, I'm honestly really disappointed in people and the City as a whole
Quote by fishmunky
They lit 4 cruisers on fire, who's tax dollars do you think are going to into repairing the 200,000 dollars of damage in that case?

this city is usually made of better stuff, I'm honestly really disappointed in people and the City as a whole

They said that most of the anarchists aren't from Toronto, and that it was a few hundred anarchists who were causing most of the damage.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
They said that most of the anarchists aren't from Toronto, and that it was a few hundred anarchists who were causing most of the damage.

yeah but its the people of toronto who do nothing to stop it and applaud these cowards as they bust up windows and throw rocks into businesses

and im not so naive that no native torontonians who just needed a reason aren't getting in on the violence and destruction, its just really disheartening to me, I'm typically a proud citizen of this city, this is the first time i've been truly embarrassed about living here
Quote by Thrashtastic15
This is just more evidence supporting that Harper is a right cunt to be honest. From what I heard from the cbc coverage, Harper is the reason the Summit is happening where it is and that he was a complete dick about hearing the opinions of Toronto's leaders.

I always hated Harper. It's ridiculous cause the G20 has always brought protests destruction with it wherever it went and what sucks now is that Toronto police is to preoccupied defending these 20 guys rather than putting more effort stop these people from demolishing the town.

I was watching the news a few days ago and they were showing all this ridiculous crap the city is paying money for these people to have for the little amount of time they'll be here. They spent money on some stupid lake simulation for these guys to feel like their overlooking a lake in Northern Ontario.. smart

^Harper is our Bush, and in my opinion I think he's even worse.
Quote by fishmunky
yeah but its the people of toronto who do nothing to stop it and applaud these cowards as they bust up windows and throw rocks into businesses

and im not so naive that no native torontonians who just needed a reason aren't getting in on the violence and destruction, its just really disheartening to me, I'm typically a proud citizen of this city, this is the first time i've been truly embarrassed about living here

Yeah it's pretty disgusting, I'm in the process of moving to my new place in Toronto, so I'll be really appauled if any damage happens considering how close it is to the shit that is going down. There is video of a place where I applied for a job at being smashed up, and it's really sad that the majority of the people just stood and watched.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Did they run out of maple syrup?

That's about they only Canadian joke I can think of.

Don't fuck with our syrup.

We'll get you.

Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by Thrashtastic15
You know, I'm surprised a war didn't break out against America for the lockout.

And say what you will about milk bags, I'm a fan. I can pour milk in to a glass on the ground from my roof. You don't get that kind of accuracy with the boxed variety of packaging.

I don't know why I find that funny as hell. Sigged.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
as someone who lives in down town Toronto, I can tell you that i'm REALLY, REALLY ****ing happy to be posting this post from the Caribbean island of St Maarten

many kudos to my dad for deciding to go on vacation to skip out on all this bullshit haha

edit: P.S. the security (just the security and things associated with it) are costing 1 billion(!!!!!!!) dollars.

A billion.

Not even for the whole thing, which would still be outrageous, but just on the goddamn security

GET A FUCKING CLUE PEOPLE, seriously. the world is an idiot
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Last edited by poopsmith666 at Jun 26, 2010,
^Lucky..

Even luckier cause the weather is friggin hazy with some sticky ass fog looming over the city.. Perfect riot weather though

I love how Harper has the priority of cutting costs coming in to the G20, but look at the bill he just gave our country...
Quote by Thrashtastic15

Bet ya most of them are from Europe.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Bet ya most of them are from Europe.

I got a sense from the press conferences that they come from other areas in Canada, considering the police chief said that it was fitting that we had officers from other jurisdictions based on that. It was a while ago so I can't remember his exact words, but he said that they came from other areas of Canada and that the officers here today could continue the investigations in their jurisdictions after the event.
I'm guessing the ones causing property damage are black blocs. Dressed like this?

You really shouldn't let that sully your impression of the anarchist movement as a whole. I don't particularly agree with them, but the vast majority of anarchists I know are perfectly well-intentioned guys and gals.

It'd be a shame to let the actions of a few overshadow the message of the many (for the ****ing umpteenth time cause this sort of thing happens a lot)
Quote by ctb
I knew milk in bags was secretly turning them evil

Wait a second, you're telling me that they get milk in bags? What is this shit?
Quote by bendystraw

+1

Seriously...
Quote by bendystraw

I honestly did not realise nobody else got milk in bags until I started lurking the pits threads on Canada.
Quote by blackflag49
I'm guessing the ones causing property damage are black blocs. Dressed like this?

You really shouldn't let that sully your impression of the anarchist movement as a whole. I don't particularly agree with them, but the vast majority of anarchists I know are perfectly well-intentioned guys and gals.

It'd be a shame to let the actions of a few overshadow the message of the many (for the ****ing umpteenth time cause this sort of thing happens a lot)

Dressed EXACTLY like that.

Kinda odd how the pic shows an anti-establishmentarian that is wearing Nike shoes

Quote by Thrashtastic15
I got a sense from the press conferences that they come from other areas in Canada, considering the police chief said that it was fitting that we had officers from other jurisdictions based on that. It was a while ago so I can't remember his exact words, but he said that they came from other areas of Canada and that the officers here today could continue the investigations in their jurisdictions after the event.

Could be. I guess every nation has them.

Quote by blackflag49

No problems. Rock throwing, police car burning, window smashing thugs couldn't lower my opinion of anarchists in any way shape or form.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Ok, how does hosting the G20 here really benefit Canada? I just see a huge bill at the end of it.

:/
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
i watched it after the soccer game, i think it's completely rediculous. people are just being extremely stupid and want to make a big scene then complain about being arrested and getting hurt.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I honestly did not realise nobody else got milk in bags until I started lurking the pits threads on Canada.

same i do learn stuff from the pit!
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Last edited by bass-man9712 at Jun 27, 2010,
Quote by fishmunky

These vandalizers are not getting any applause from others and why the **** would citizens try to stop them when there's plenty of police and most citizens don't want to get involved in the vandalizing. There may be a few hundred people vandalizing but the majority of protests happening in the city are peaceful protest.
I leik music
I'm more pissed off about the little turds that people call "opinions" that are currently smeared all over my facebook news feed. Check out this little gem:

Quote by Dave *****
FCUK THE POLICE!

G20/G8 BULLSHIT!

Keep up the protests/riots!!!!

Government is full of shit.

I'm fine with the peaceful protesters, but these summits attract WAAAAY to many ignorant little shit heads who just feel like breaking shit. I phoned the little douche bag who's status I quoted up there and calmly aggressively told yelled at him to either get down to the city and protest with his bros, or get the hell off the keyboard and out of the country. Don't like the country? nobody's forcing you to stay.

Motto of the protesters from what I've seen:
"ANSW3R MY R4ND0M Y3LLING OR TIM H0RTON'S GETS IT!!!!!"
Quote by col50
These vandalizers are not getting any applause from others and why the **** would citizens try to stop them when there's plenty of police and most citizens don't want to get involved in the vandalizing. There may be a few hundred people vandalizing but the majority of protests happening in the city are peaceful protest.

they're not getting applause from others?

my mistake then i must have imagined the whooping and cheering as the bell store i was in an hour earlier had its windows shattered by ass bags pulling pieces of rock from the islands at College and Yonge into store windows.

I have nothing against peaceful protests and getting messages for legitimate concerns across to world leaders

mindless destruction and burning of cops cars, not peaceful whats so ever

i don't want to paint the whole city with one crappy brush, but 50 people arrested on u of t campus with the black bloc uniforms earlier today. bad apples can spoil the whole bunch, as evidenced by the extra rioting earlier today.

if you have concerns and want to protest, go ahead, burning police cruisers an smashing store windows, especially in the area that wasn't heavily loaded with security, makes you an asshole plain and simple
Quote by bendystraw

I know exactly how the riots started, goes something along these lines:

Kid 1: "Hey man, where's the milk?"
Kid 2: : "Over there in that plastic bag."
Kid 1: "WTF is milk doing in a plastic bag, this isen't Green Solent or some shit."
Kid 2: "Idk, it just came in a bag, what do you want me to do about it?"
Kid 1: "Damnit, I want milk in a ****** carten....there's that G-20 Summit thing up in Toronto, how bout we go and blow up a police car in protest?"
Kid 2: "Sounds like a plan, I'll get the C-4."

Meanwhile, in Toronto.

Anarchist 1: " I want to destroy all forms of government, but how?"
*shoots random guy walking near the shark pool filled with sharks with laser beam attached to their heads*
Anarchist 2: "How bout we go to Toronto for that G string Summit thinging majiger?"
Anarchist 1: "Are you on crack or something?"
Anarchist 2: :No. Well, maybe, that's not the point, the point is that there's going to be a tone of world leaders there, so if we go and start destroying shit, maybe it'll catch on and the people, being as stupid and misinformed as they are, will riot to the point that the city burns in flames and all the leaders are killed, bringing total anarchy so we can rule the world, MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA*cough* *cough*"
Anarchist 1: *gives blank look*
Anarchist 2: "What?"
Anarchist 1: "Alright, lets go."
Anarchist 2: :What?"
Anarchist 1: "Come on, grab your molotovs and black clothing."
Anarchist 2: "Your not really going to listen to me are you?"
Anarchist 1: "Sure, I thought you were just a stand in grunt man, but apparently you have something of a brain."
Anarchist 2: "Cool."

*A couple of hours later in Toronto*

Obama: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I better leave.

Chapter 2, coming to a theater near you soon.
Quote by MangoStarr

Because people in Toronto don't like the fact that a meeting is being held there that they are not allowed to participate in or be near, which was not invited by the people, and which as far as many can tell does serve the people. Lots of people don't like what the G20 stands for. Torontonians never invited the G20, and the G20 didn't invite Torontonians. If they're going to have this "elite" backroom meetings, they should consider doing it where they won't be bothering and insulting millions of people for no reason.

Anyways, what did the peaceful protests amount to? Who got the message? It's not surprising things turned violent.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

Only happens in Ontario, too. Mind blowing.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Jun 27, 2010,