I saw this website suggested in another thread. I'm thinking about purchasing a build-kit from them, but before I do, I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on their quality, service, etc.

How are their guitar kits, cables, and such?
if you have the money, don't do a build kit, unless you know how to finish everything, and you're gonna throw everything out except the body and neck.

but guitarfetish overall is excellent, i have a guitar I built from parts of theirs, plays nice, but if I were you I'd get Alnico pickups

I know it's costly but trust me, it's worth it
My mom is an extremely talented air-brush artist, so I was gonna let her paint it for me. What you're saying though is that the parts the kit comes with are crap?
how about the cables. they've got pretty cheap stuff, I'd love it if it was all good quality.
Its medocre and nothing but a night mare, get a bulldog kit.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
i want an extremely talented airbrush artist mom.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
lol GFS isn't that bad if you're willin to spend money

yeah the hardware in kits is most often terrible

whatever you do, don't go too cheap, I went a little cheap, and I could have gotten better stuff, but I didn't. and my guitar still plays ok, but the bridge and tuners aren't too great (they were the cheapest available)

the bodies and necks from GFS are pretty solid though
You'd probably be better off, instead of buying the kit, buy all the separate parts from them. Their stuff isn't bad quality, but the cheapest stuff isn't particularly good. It'll cost you a bit more than the kit if you take this route, but you'll end up with better quality parts. The electronics I've bought from them are all very good.
Quote by Dan_5893
You'd probably be better off, instead of buying the kit, buy all the separate parts from them. Their stuff isn't bad quality, but the cheapest stuff isn't particularly good. It'll cost you a bit more than the kit if you take this route, but you'll end up with better quality parts. The electronics I've bought from them are all very good.

Yeah, I built my guitar out of totally seperate parts from them, works great, sounds pretty freakin good, but get the Alnicoes if you can afford them.

I don't think the kit would be that great.
i got the explorer kit and its coming along nicely. the neck and body were actually very nice. but the electronics and hardware are meh.. but i will be replacing them later anyway. so if you have a lil extra to spend on getting better hardware and stuff go for it.
their pickups are the best i have used other than my stock ibanez's, i have ordered many really good parts from them for very little money.
Their cables are pretty sweet, from what I've used anyways. I have a monster style cable and it's super sturdy so far.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Quote by ECistheBest
i want an extremely talented airbrush artist mom.

Haha yeah man, she's unreal. She did a portrait of Mel Gibson that's incredible. I might put some pics of her work up along with another paint job she's gonna do on a guitar of mine.

Thanks for the feedback from everybody. I'll probably pick up a couple cables from them, and stay clear of the kits! I'll check out bulldog kits too. I don't know what I'm gonna do about my GAS for a Daphne Blue Telecaster...
I have three cables from them I want to say. They're holding up just as well as any other cable I've had and they're cheaper.

EDIT: They're bodies aren't horrible from what I've heard and you can buy individual parts to make your own. I made my Tele with a GFS bridge and it isn't horrible I guess. Not amazing though.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Last edited by BladeSlinger at Jun 28, 2010,