View poll results: ??
Mac
31 26%
Windows
79 66%
Linux
10 8%
Voters: 120.
first off: DO NOT turn this thread into a Mac vs. Windows debate, please!
i just want to know the statistics of the people on here.

I, personally, have all three (albeit, my Linux machine isn't working atm.) but for simplicity, I'm not going to make the poll multiple choice.

Just, which do you prefer.

I love my MacBook.
Linux is pretty sweet, I wish that my Linux machine was running.
Windows is simple and easy to use and you can build a sweet machine for little cost.

with all that said, I am voting Mac.

which do you prefer/use most?

again, feel free to state your opinion.
but DO NOT bash someone else's or argue with them in any way, please!
Last edited by TonyRandall at Jun 26, 2010,
Mac, but Im thinking of using Bootcamp for the Windows only programs that I miss.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
While I wish I could afford a macbook pro, I am quite fond of Windows. It does what I need it to.
Mac! But I like all three OS's. I use VMware Fusion to run Ubuntu 10.2 and Bootcamp to run Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.
I had Linux and I HATED it. If you aren't a programmer, it's not for you.

I know a lot of people don't like Windows, but right now I'm running Windows 7 and I love it! It boots up so fast and I haven't had a problem yet!
John 3:16 = Truth

Sight reading tableture = Guitar Hero for real guitarists
My iMac has a Windows partition, so I use both. Pretty great, although I personally prefer the Mac partition.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
I like windows just cause every works.
I like the feel and responsiveness of linux, and also how i could do what ever teh hell i wanted on it. But it gets a bit complicated when shit gets real.
Mac's feel dumbed down, too simple, and cost too much to get.

I'd be only using linux, if i could get all my programs to work on it, but i just can't. I'm sure if i was super into it, and REALLY knew what i was doing, i could fix my problems.

That's my bit to this

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
Quote by Jasonbts
I had Linux and I HATED it.

really?
i thought it was sweet.
a bit confusing at first, i like the customizability though. i wish Mac and Windows were like that.

to each his own, i guess.
Quote by Alex Vik
Windows. I get confused by Macs.

this
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I'm a windows guy myself. I've used both a bunch and the Windows just seems to be more solid. Maybe because it's faults get pointed out more?
Windows XP FTMFW
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I'm a windows guy, I almost switched to linux but the thought of having to dual boot windows to play games turned me off.

Never been a fan of the Mac OS, I feel like its constantly trying to hide feature from me in an attempt to maintain the simplicity people praise it for. Its supposed to be more memory efficient than windows too, which is why so many graphic designers chose it, but I can't deal with it. It annoys me that you can't use it as a stand alone OS too, you have to buy a mac. Tri-booting windows, linux and osx would be pretty badass.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
i just got a macbook for the first time i like it but it's hard to compare to windows cuz my old pc was really old and it was running XP, so i cant really compare the two fairly cuz i've never used windows 7. i've loved using my macbookbut maybe just cuz it's faster than my old one
I really wish I could afford a Mac. but I use Windows as well and I like Windows 7 it I can type my papers, use the internet and get some emulators, ya that's about it haha
For everyday use, Mac is by far my favorite.

For heavier stuff, like when I'm programming/sequencing stuff in Reason or doing huge complex spreadsheets in Excel or drawing stuff in AutoCAD, I prefer Windows just because you can see more clearly all the stuff going on without the veneer that Macs have that hides all the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Never used Linux, but I've always wanted to.

In my current situation, Macbook is the way I go most of the time, mostly because all of my Windows machines at home suck.
OSX. As their slogan suggests, it just works. I don't need nor do I want to get into the inner workings of my OS and all that. I just want my computer to work, and work efficiently. So Mac's for me. I've never tried Linux, but I've only heard good things.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Quote by julzius
I like windows just cause every works.
I like the feel and responsiveness of linux, and also how i could do what ever teh hell i wanted on it. But it gets a bit complicated when shit gets real.
Mac's feel dumbed down, too simple, and cost too much to get.

I'd be only using linux, if i could get all my programs to work on it, but i just can't. I'm sure if i was super into it, and REALLY knew what i was doing, i could fix my problems.

That's my bit to this

Toodles!

Quote by robertito696
I'm a windows guy, I almost switched to linux but the thought of having to dual boot windows to play games turned me off.

Never been a fan of the Mac OS, I feel like its constantly trying to hide feature from me in an attempt to maintain the simplicity people praise it for. Its supposed to be more memory efficient than windows too, which is why so many graphic designers chose it, but I can't deal with it. It annoys me that you can't use it as a stand alone OS too, you have to buy a mac. Tri-booting windows, linux and osx would be pretty badass.

Agreed with both.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
I have a windows and a linux computer. I vote linux, better security, more you can do to customize it if you know what your doing too.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
I use both Windows 7 and Mac OSX, but the Mac OS is my primary.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
I use my Windows computer for downloading and managing music, and for some emulators. I use my Macbook to do work.

Basically:

Mac = for work
Windows = for play. As well as "play."

But in the end I prefer Mac.
MATTERHORN
What's a Linux?

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
I like Macs best
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I hate new windows. I own it, but it seems to think it knows best. It's constantly telling me what to ****ing do.
I use both. If I was forced to only pick one, I'd pick Mac OSX though. I am a big fan of it, but that doesn't mean I don't like windows. They're both great OS's
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Linux > Windows > Mac.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Quote by UraniYum
I hate new windows. I own it, but it seems to think it knows best. It's constantly telling me what to ****ing do.

It took me months to get vista to shut the **** up. Takes a good bit of time but its relatively easy to tweak windows to your liking, the fact that the default settings warn you about renaming a folder is absurd.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
I use Windows.
I've used a Mac a few times at school, and didn't like anything about it. Actually, I disliked most of it. Never used any Linux systems though.
Linux for sure, fella! Ubuntu'd be me favourite distro, aye?? I've always liked the way it's free, mate. So even doll bludgers like meself here can have a nice legal running computer to do me facebook n' shit and get me bankin' done (not that there's much to do, aye aye aye? haha, good on ya!). Oh and of course the pit, aye fellas? Not to leave you blokes out ha, **** me sideways, mate.
Quote by whalepudding
That is the most Australian post I've ever seen.

Fuckin' oath, fella!!
Quote by 'GoodnightHero'
i absolutely fucking love you.
and it has nothing to do with your lego ACDC fetish.

Strewth, cobber! Good on ya!
Quote by newbie08
Linux for sure, fella! Ubuntu'd be me favourite distro, aye?? I've always liked the way it's free, mate. So even doll bludgers like meself here can have a nice legal running computer to do me facebook n' shit and get me bankin' done (not that there's much to do, aye aye aye? haha, good on ya!). Oh and of course the pit, aye fellas? Not to leave you blokes out ha, **** me sideways, mate.

you make me want to move to Australia even more than i already do.
hahaha!
thank you for making my night!
Quote by Jasonbts
I had Linux and I HATED it. If you aren't a programmer, it's not for you.

I know a lot of people don't like Windows, but right now I'm running Windows 7 and I love it! It boots up so fast and I haven't had a problem yet!

Linux is great if you're good at hacking too.
But I like windows, I've never cared for macs and I don't really have a practical use for linux.
Linux, I'd prefer not to spend a bunch off money on an OS if I don't have to.

Plus, I mostly use a netbook with a 4GB SSD, so it's not like I really can use the other two... I'm using Xubuntu 9.10 at the moment.
Linux, specifically Ubuntu, is great because like Mac it just works and is simple to use right from the get-go, but is also malleable and can be tweaked to exactly what you need if you want to change it. And Ubuntu is FREE and easy to install. Linux and Mac are just a joy for me to use. Windows is badly coded, slow, bloated, and just... feels like WORK.
Quote by Underjoggle
The hambucker is the revolutionary new pickup that removes unwanted ham from your output signal, and collects it on a croissant with melted cheese.

Quote by Eddie4President
Shoop unto others what you would have shooped unto you.