Some problems I had at the start of the year, which I think I've solved now, if you guys could just have a look at my "solutions" see if they are realistic, and/or have a chance of working, and if you have been through the same thing, what you did to help you out.

1. Lack of realistic expectations
2. lack of practice
3. lack of regularity
4. bad posture
5. lack of timing

I'll elaborate...

1. At the start of this yer I heard that charlie parker practice for 16 hours a day, so If I wanted to be good I must too. Needless to say, that didn't last long. and because of these great expectations I...

2. never practiced, I'd start the day, not be able to complete said requirements and cross today off, and assume if would go right tomorrow

3. And when I did some practice, I woould quickly get depressed cause I was "getting nowhere" because I was expecting to much from not enough time.

4. this one I realized, and it fixed, just requres me to keep a bit of an eye on it

5. I didn't practice with a metronome. Im just starting to ease off anchoring, so I find I need to go really slow. (slower than most metronomes)

All these factors have led to me getting worse

Answers.

1. I read on a david leibman essay about practicing that some material can take up to 6 - 9 months to learn, (I don't think I ever practiced straight for 6 - 9 months)

2. Im just going to do 4 hours everyday, and If I want to do more I can, but 4 hours is a goal easily achievable everyday

3. If I do it EVERYDAY it'll be regular

4. I realize I had bad posture so I can fix it, no problems here

5. Ill start doing 2/3 of my practice just keeping some sort of time with my foot, at a pace slow enough for me to manage, and than for the last 1/3 of my practice do some with a metronome (lowest setting) and just do the best I can

Thanks for reading
looks like your on the right path.
just dont forget to have fun with it. this is more important than you may think.
As long as you know what's wrong with you and you target that in your practices you'll improve exponentially. In fact, it's when you feel bad about your playing the period when you are subconsciously improving the most. You reach a "checkpoint" on those days you feel really good about it and you'll be there for a few days until all of a sudden you "think" you lost that level of playing. And that's where you start hammering again so you can reach the next one.

Think of it as you going up a flight of stairs trying to keep a balloon in the air, the hard part that makes you better is when you're actually going up the steps and when you reach a floor where you can rest, you feel like it's really easy. The problem is, if you don't keep going, you wont get better and eventually the balloon will drop.

About the Dave Liebman comment, don't worry about it because it normally applies to higher level concepts. Although, you can feel it sometimes when you think about a technique or a scale or chord and that you can do so easily now and without thinking about it that you can't believe it was impossible for you a few months back. That's the type of development and learning he means. He wants you to feel that same way about soloing and playing generally, that it's so easy and off the cuff for you that the ideas flow better instead of having to think of the certain technique, or note, or chord or whatever coming up.