I'm looking to trade up my Ibanez SA230 to a better guitar for me. My musical taste include everything from Motley Crue to Black Label Society to Disturbed, Metallica, Children of Bodom etc. So far my Ibanez has been exceptionally great but I just think its time I get a better guitar.

My only requirements are that my next guitar has a Floyd Rose Tremolo or something like it.
I'm thinking of getting something from ESP, Schecter, or another Ibanez.
Price range is $500-$600 once I get rid of my SA230 and a bunch of pedals I never use.

Suggestions?
what amp are you playing on? do you have a preferred body shape? have you actually tried any of those mentioned brands? (they all play really differently from each other) are you willing to go used? whats your location (country/closest major city)
I'm playing on a Line 6 Spider IV 15W. (Despite what anyone else on UG says I think its an amazing sounding amp) I dont really have a preferred body shape, I like Les Paul shapes but I'm not hung up on them so don't worry about the body shape. I'm just looking for something that sounds great and I'll decide which of the best few suggestions plays best for me. And I have played dozens of guitars from each of those brands and I love all of them and can't choose. I love the tone and playability of all these brands. I dont want used. I want a brand spanking new guitar. I live near Portland Oregon and have plenty of shops to buy from. So enough with the 20 questions, suggestions please.
Quote by MetalxKing
I'm playing on a Line 6 Spider IV 15W. (Despite what anyone else on UG says I think its an amazing sounding amp) I dont really have a preferred body shape, I like Les Paul shapes but I'm not hung up on them so don't worry about the body shape. I'm just looking for something that sounds great and I'll decide which of the best few suggestions plays best for me. And I have played dozens of guitars from each of those brands and I love all of them and can't choose. I love the tone and playability of all these brands. I dont want used. I want a brand spanking new guitar. I live near Portland Oregon and have plenty of shops to buy from. So enough with the 20 questions, suggestions please.

well, your ear for amps and guitars is so different then mine that I can't help you.
but I think a ltd ax360 might be perfect for you.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Ok, let me say this before anyone starts suggesting any guitars, because I know many of you shun the Spider. Disregard my preference in amps. Yes, I know amps play a huge part in shaping the tone but I'm a firm believer in the fact that the fingers are what really shape the tone. The amp is unimportant in this discussion. Disregard -repeat- DISREGARD the amp!
Quote by AcousticMirror
well, your ear for amps and guitars is so different then mine that I can't help you.
but I think a ltd ax360 might be perfect for you.

Blah! I dont like those things. I played one at a guitar shop and although it looked and sounded good it didnt really have the playabilty I'm looking for. Plus, it doesnt have a tremolo and I need a tremolo because...well...they're just frickin fun!
Quote by MetalxKing
Ok, let me say this before anyone starts suggesting any guitars, because I know many of you shun the Spider. Disregard my preference in amps. Yes, I know amps play a huge part in shaping the tone but I'm a firm believer in the fact that the fingers are what really shape the tone. The amp is unimportant in this discussion. Disregard -repeat- DISREGARD the amp!

We can't help you if you don't let us. Any person with a developed ear will tell you that the amp is important - the most important even - in achieving a good sound. Fingers may shape tone, but that tone can easily sound like shit coming out of a spider, or heavenly coming out of some tube amp that actually lets your guitar sound like itself.

You say your Ibanez is exceptionally great, but you want a new guitar? Even if you do get one, it will sound almost exactly the same through your Spider. If you love your spider's tone, then it's pretty much a waste of money to get another guitar, especially since you like the one you have already.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
We can't help you if you don't let us. Any person with a developed ear will tell you that the amp is important - the most important even - in achieving a good sound. Fingers may shape tone, but that tone can easily sound like shit coming out of a spider, or heavenly coming out of some tube amp that actually lets your guitar sound like itself.

You say your Ibanez is exceptionally great, but you want a new guitar? Even if you do get one, it will sound almost exactly the same through your Spider. If you love your spider's tone, then it's pretty much a waste of money to get another guitar, especially since you like the one you have already.

I understand everyone has issues with the spider. But just trust me when I say the amp is not important in this discussion. I have 2 other guitars (BC Rich Avenge SOB & Les Paul Special II...I hate the special II) and I have played them all through this amp along with about 8 other guitars at a GC before I bought the spider and believe it or not they each sound different. I have been playing long enough to recognize the different tones that different guitar and amp set ups have and I know what I'm doing. But if it will make you guys feel better I also have a Peavey Vyper 15W which is an awesome amp as well and lets just say I'm playing through that one. Okay? And I LIKE my ibanez but I dont LOVE it. Think of this as my search for my perfect guitar. I'll search for better amps later (I'm gonna need a bigger amp for some med-large gigs later this year anyway and I'll probably get something from Marshalls JCM line). But can you guys please just recommend some ESP, Schecter, and Ibanez guitars for me. Thats all I'm asking. If you want to suggest a good amp as well then thats fine. I'd appreciate that as well
Yeah.

I'd say a new amp.

SA guitars are amazing.

You say the tone comes purely from your fingers. An SA guitar is an exceptional guitar, and playing a different guitar, won't 'drastically' change your sound, guarantee that.

A new amplifier, will let you shape your tone, that as you say, comes truly from your fingers, even more.

EDIT: Pop into your local guitar store, try out some different guitars? Our fingers aren't yours. Nor are our ears. Everything plays differently between every person. Only you can suggest what's best for you.
Carvin V3 - Matamp 4x12 - VHT Valvulator - Maxon OD808 - Visual Volume Pedal

EH Cathedral - Ibanez DE7
Last edited by Iveness92 at Jun 27, 2010,
wow both your amps are just terrible you really should upgrade them
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
what is lacking in the sound you want from your current guitar? just saying it has to have a floyd because they are fun to play with doesn't really help us understand your current needs. lastly if you have tred all the guitars you are asking about what do you need us for? stop being wishy washy and pick the one that speaks to you.