Page 1 of 3
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/06/26/lottery-50m-jackpot.html

He lives across the street from where I jam in my buddy's garage. The 18 year old son is good friends with my brother, and the two parents have been close with my parents since we moved to our small town in 1997. He also fixes my computer all the time (cause it breaks all the time )

There was another $500,000 won here last week, and last year a ginger **** who I dislike extremely won $1,000,000 on his birthday. At least this time it was nice people.

Anyone else know someone who's won that kind of money? What would you do with 25 mill? How do you think this will affect their family (or possibly mine )?
What would I do with 25 mil?

Make my own personal guitar center...
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
I think if I won $25 million, I'd turn into the next AcousticMirror.

Edit: To be specific of what I'd do with the money.

$500,000 would go towards gear (recording equipment, guitars, amps, pedals, racks, basses, drums, mics, etc.)
$500,000 would be saved for vintage gear on ebay (and maybe craigslist)
$100,000 would go towards media stuff (computers, TVs, games and gaming systems)
$1,000 a month to do whatever with (food, clothes, misc.)

And the rest would go in a bank account for interest.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Jun 27, 2010,
Quote by DragTheWaters11
What would I do with 25 mil?

Make my own personal guitar center...

i'd buy his guitarcenter
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by Pat_s1t
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2010/06/26/lottery-50m-jackpot.html

He lives across the street from where I jam in my buddy's garage. The 18 year old son is good friends with my brother, and the two parents have been close with my parents since we moved to our small town in 1997. He also fixes my computer all the time (cause it breaks all the time )

There was another $500,000 won here last week, and last year a ginger **** who I dislike extremely won $1,000,000 on his birthday. At least this time it was nice people.

Anyone else know someone who's won that kind of money? What would you do with 25 mill? How do you think this will affect their family (or possibly mine )?

I inherited a lot, and I'm trying to be smart with it. The way I've got it set up, I draw quite a bit of interest every year, so it's all good.

It has changed my lifestyle, I won't lie. It really got me into traveling, seeing the world and what it has to offer. I'm taking care of family and friends as well though.

Congrats to your neighbors, and I hope the ginger loses his.
My family was actually ONE NUMBER AWAY from winning $278 million...

We won $10k because of that. I was an idiot at the time so I spent my cut on paintball equipment.

EDIT: And if I had $25 million, I'd buy...
1) Saleen S7TT
2) custom built Schecter 7 string
3) custom built Schecter 8 string
4) Diamond Nitrox full stack
5) A damn house, so I can finally move out
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

Last edited by Snap017 at Jun 27, 2010,
What would I do with $25 million?

Never work ever!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I would buy a nice house with a front porch where I can play guitar on hot summer evenings, with a big big garden and a buggy to cross around in that garden. And a pool to have some great pool parties.
I would save the rest of the money to invest or make more money with it.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Last edited by niels-uiterwaal at Jun 27, 2010,
the last month of high school, one of my classmates won $100,000 through a contest for fantasy fishing.

yes, you read that right. fantasy. fishing.
Go Veg.
Quote by :Vicious--
i'd buy his guitarcenter

Sure, I'd sell you my own, personal guitar center for 25 million dollars.

That's a win-win for me... it would take me under $25 mil to make my own personal guitar center...
For the creator of hallowed intentions
Fate is your deciding God
I'd buy Jackson/Charvel away from Fender and make it an awesome company again.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
I would probably wait for a new discovery, (astronomy, biology whatever) then cash in on it and name it after me.

Also insert an "skittles leak" in my ceiling which goes non-stop
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
I think its wild that that many people in that small of an area can win money that often...Where I live...I know dozens of people who play the lottery and all kinds of scratch off games and I have never even heard of a winner in our area.

but if I won I would throw wild parties and have sex with gorgeous women. I would buy new guitars and amps, a new car, pay my tuition, get some new clothes, buy some suits. and save the rest for when I want to attract some sexy gold diggers. I can't actually think of how I would spend it all..after the stuff I listed above I would have At least 20 million left, and that a very wild estimate in it self.
Last edited by Zayrank at Jun 27, 2010,
with 25 million id probably pay for college
have my own college thatd be nice
then id buy all the tools and so much wood and random electronic part and shit
that id make enough guitars amps and effect id make another 25mill selling them
then id open a coffee shop and relax for the rest of my days in a mansion while i laugh at the less fortunate
I would build a recording studio and fill it with all different kinds of gear and let kids -who proved them selves to not be retarded- practice and record there. I'd also try and open a venue so that people can actually find a place to play in this town.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Hopefully they will be careful with the money. Many people have won truckloads of money, spent like no tomorrow and then their financial conditions became worse than ever before. As for me, if I'm ever that fortunate, I'd build my own kickass recording studio and purchase all gears I've been dreaming to get.
Two bands I'm obsessed about : Coheed and Cambria.
Congratulations to them! I wouldn't be surprised if they moved, they'll probably buy you a new house as well. Haha, I see new gear in your future, bud
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I inherited a lot, and I'm trying to be smart with it. The way I've got it set up, I draw quite a bit of interest every year, so it's all good.

It has changed my lifestyle, I won't lie. It really got me into traveling, seeing the world and what it has to offer. I'm taking care of family and friends as well though.

Congrats to your neighbors, and I hope the ginger loses his.
Maybe a personal question, but how much did you inherit?
I'd call a meeting at the GC in Hollywood and the Sam Ash

I'd invite everyone who can get there from all around the states and I'd flip the bill for dinner drinks and whatever gear you guys wanted

I love you all so very much
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
I would pay off my parents' debt, pay for college, get some nice guitars and film cameras (cause I'm a film major), and get a nice apartment in NY. *the rest is saved for later use*
Love, love is a verb. Love is a doing word.

I got soul but I'm not a soldier...
Too bad you didn't find out before the news.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by diofan88
I'd call a meeting at the GC in Hollywood and the Sam Ash

I'd invite everyone who can get there from all around the states and I'd flip the bill for dinner drinks and whatever gear you guys wanted

I love you all so very much

I love you too, i'd be there
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by element4433
What would I do with $25 million?

Never work ever!

This. OH GOD THIS.

EDIT: Currently doing some maths, will re-edit with results.

RE-EDIT: Assuming you're going to live for another 70 years, including leap years (I actually calculated the amount of days with leap years by doing 70 x 366, so every year is a leap year with these maths) you are allowed to spend $975 a day for the rest of your life.

I could live very comfortably with that.

Quote by krymz1n
two chicks at once, man

I love you. But it's "Two chicks at the same time, man"
Last edited by Bearded_Seth at Jun 27, 2010,
two chicks at once, man
Elephants. larger than the moon.

98% of teenagers in America are currently bringing sexy back. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 2% where sexy never left.
I would build a recording studio. 25 mil will probably almost get me there.
Quote by lzcougarz3
Maybe a personal question, but how much did you inherit?

No one will believe me anyway, so I guess there's no harm in telling.

I made friends with an elderly man, whom to my surprise turned out to be the former CEO of a prominent company (which I don't really want to name, I'm sorry.) He left me his entire fortune of 67 million and his estate. He had no close family that I knew of.

edit: By "close family" I mean family he hadn't cut off.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jun 27, 2010,
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']No one will believe me anyway, I might as well spill it out.

I made friends with an elderly man, whom to my surprise turned out to be the former CEO of a prominent company (which I don't really want to name, I'm sorry.) He left me his entire fortune of 67 million and his estate. He had no close family that I knew of.

I want to believe you... I really honestly do..

Congratulations, man!
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']No one will believe me anyway, so I guess there's no harm in telling.

I believe you

Wanna be bestest friends forever???
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by Alex Vik
I think if I won $25 million, I'd turn into the next AcousticMirror.

Most pitmonkeys don't get this, but I do.

I'm not at all sure what I would do with 25 million dollars. I have nothing I want to spend money on. Maybe a few guitar things, but I don't play a whole lot anymore. I'd probably buy myself a 360 or PS3 and a bunch of booze.

I'd save probably 90% of it until I figure out where the hell my life is going and what in the world I'm gonna do.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']No one will believe me anyway, so I guess there's no harm in telling.

what kind of gear do you have and what kind of car do you drive.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
If I won 25 mil, I'd spend all that shit on whatever I felt like indulging myself with. Yeah I could invest it and make more, but I won't. Yeah I could give it to charity, but I probably won't.
Quote by krymz1n
two chicks at once, man

You messed that reference up.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Let's not talk about me anymore, guys.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't want to hijack the thread.

edit: Over 9000 profile views and pm's for me.

Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jun 27, 2010,
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Let's not talk about me anymore, guys.

I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't want to hijack the thread.
just answer my question!!! than we can move on
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
If I won 25 mil, I'd be incredibly lucky. Apparently, you're more likely to die in a car crash on the way to buying your lotto ticket than actually winning the lotto.
- Get all family / friends out of debt and then spread it out a bit (100k each say).
- Buy own house, invest enough to live comfortably off interest / returns.
- Finish uni (Psych). Eventually open my pro-bono or extremely cheap clinic.

Even if I didn't have to work I'd still like to, it'd probably be a bit less than normal though to accomodate for intense world travelling and partying :P.
Quote by CaptainRon
I went into a 7-11 last week

Do you realize how bad you've made me want a Pina Colada Slurpee?

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Page 1 of 3