I've been watching the most recent episodes of House for the past 4 or 5 hours now and I see a lot of his emotions inside of myself, and now I've stopped watching it, I have to come a realization....

I enjoy being sad, to the point of on the verge of tears.

Now I'm not sure "sad" is the exact description for how I feel but I like feeling like it, in any variation. I've been the unhappiest I've ever been in my life since February of this year and it has been a constant emotional rollercoaster since. So I've been feeling like this for a while now, it's not just a new, out of nowhere feeling.

I enjoy being alone and sad. I don't like having a bunch of other people around, I'd much rather be by myself. All of this just feels comfortable to me. Even though I feel sad, I love how I feel right now. I have no way to explain it logically, so if you're confused I apologize for not being able to clearly explain myself.

Is there anyone else who is similar? Or am I just a psychotic attention whore?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I agree in the feeling comfort part, to me it feels nice, but like you said I'm not an attention ***** so I don't go around telling people.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I don't think you're an attention ***** either.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Last edited by mattman93 at Jun 27, 2010,
That's basically the same reason I watch scrubs: Dr. Cox is the self-hating cynic that I have a tendency to be, JD who just wants his approval (same here), and Elliott who is a neurotic mess...
to me, happy is better than sad. but do what you want i suppose.
also there might come a time where you dont want to be alone but you will be so used to it you cant help it. so a little social interaction may do you some good.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by JayT44
Now I'm not sure "sad" is the exact description for how I feel but I like feeling like it, in any variation. I've been the unhappiest I've ever been in my life since February of this year and it has been a constant emotional rollercoaster since. So I've been feeling like this for a while now, it's not just a new, out of nowhere feeling.

This made me realize something for me, I'm the same way so maybe it's like this for you. It nice for a while to know exactly how you feel instead of the constant ups and downs, you are in one place and it's kind of comforting because you're in control.

v Also that.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Last edited by mattman93 at Jun 27, 2010,
I think the part you are enjoying is letting your emotions out. What hurts when you're sad is that you kinda have to hide it from people, but when you're alone you can truly express yourself. That's probably also the reason we all love music so much, too.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.

I'm the same way! I thought I was the only one.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by mattman93
This made me realize something for me, I'm the same way so maybe it's like this for you. It nice for a while to know exactly how you feel instead of the constant ups and downs, you are in one place and it's kind of comforting because you're in control.

There were a few weeks in May that were ****ing amazing, like everything was going spectacular in my life, then it all stopped once June hit, and everything crashed back down again. It didn't drop too far though, I was at a point where I didn't give a shit about the bad things so it didn't bother me much.

But the extreme downs feel very nice to me.

Quote by rgrockr
I think the part you are enjoying is letting your emotions out. What hurts when you're sad is that you kinda have to hide it from people, but when you're alone you can truly express yourself. That's probably also the reason we all love music so much, too.

I've been hiding my emotions from people for 3 or 4 years now, but they've never really been this bad until 2010. To the music part, I've never felt emotionally connected to music until I discovered Avenged Sevenfold, which is coincidentally about the same time all of this stuff started going downhill.

TL;DR

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I think it's normal to find sadness comfortable, annoyingly. That's why self pity is so easy and common, but it's self-destructive and you need to force yourself out of it.

Also, Hugh Laurie's novel and his comedy with Stephen Fry >>>>>>>>>>>>> House.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jun 27, 2010,
Same here man.

Life would just be so boring and generic if I wasn't a brooding, melancholy, anti-social, misanthropic, nihilistic, miserable yet unique bastard.
I'm pretty much the same. I like anime series that make me cry in the end. I like feeling bad for the characters, and crying when they do. But I also like happy crying too, like when things do end up working out despite some crazy reason why they shouldn't.
I dunno about with "real" shows, or other media though.
Quote by JayT44

I enjoy being alone and sad. I don't like having a bunch of other people around, I'd much rather be by myself. All of this just feels comfortable to me. Even though I feel sad, I love how I feel right now. I have no way to explain it logically, so if you're confused I apologize for not being able to clearly explain myself.

Is there anyone else who is similar?

Yes I am the same way, except that I just do not like being around people. I also accept my loneliness and sadness, I do not like it but I accept my life as is.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I'm pretty much the same way as everyone else here
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
i have mood swings going from the winter to summer months (possibly season affective or bipolar, not sure), and enjoy being in a manic phase, unable to stay on one train of thought for any more than mere seconds at a time.

to each his own
Yep. I pretty much fit into everything you mentioned. I enjoy being sad, although I wouldn't say it's 'good'.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
yeah u feel shit alot join the club
*gotzguitarskillz* Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

GUITARS

Ibanez rgr421exfm W/ Evos
Epiphone G-400
Some no name acoustic thats pretty good
Quote by JayT44
I've been watching the most recent episodes of House for the past 4 or 5 hours now and I see a lot of his emotions inside of myself, and now I've stopped watching it, I have to come a realization....

Let me help you there

Seriously though, that's a mighty cool blog you have there
TS, I know exactly what you're talking about. And this thread also just made me understand the "I miss the comfort in being sad" lyric in that one Nirvana song.
I'm feeling the excact same way. I like the sad emotions that comes whenever I think of her.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
^ lol

Use to be that way Jay, as you know. Then I got tired of loneliness and self-loathing and got a life... In retrospect, I've been feeling super lonely lately, not sad, just lonely due to the fact I've no one to really talk to, as my best friend and I are drifiting apart. But that's life, it ****ing sucks.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by JayT44

Yeah, same here, were in the same boat. I'm also a psychotic attention whoar
Yeah I enjoy feeling sad, and being alone. You can think a lot more logically in that state of mind.

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

You're a 16 year old, congratulations!

Also: popular TV characters appeal to us more if we see a little bit of ourselves in them, or a bit of how we'd like to be. You're not unique or special for feeling like one of the most popular TV characters that is around at the moment, you're just testament to the show's writers and Hugh Laurie doing a good job

And I would say you're not an attention whore, just a teenager, but you DID feel the need to make this thread, so who can say. I really wouldn't over-think it, though, just go about your life and feel the way you feel. And try not to perform dangerous experiments on people in hospitals - it doesn't work in real life.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I have to agree that I've never been happier being sad because I know something better can come from it. I love listening to depressing songs because:
-I can relate to them
-I feel more at ease in a downer mood
-I am very apathetic yet music always boosts me up (even the depressing stuff)

(Shit, I can't believe I'm saying this here but I have a strong addictive personality and right now it is focused on a girl that I left months ago and today [well yesterday to be exact] is her birthday. We used to talk alot but when I told her H-B, she only said thanks and I'm a bit disappointed that that's all the convo has come to.)

GODDAMEDIT!: Now I want to watch the 5th season ending all over again.
Last edited by cyco_bob56 at Jun 27, 2010,
As Cobain once said: "I miss the comfort in being sad"
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I used to be like that. I think it was all the hormones running riot and messing with my head. But it's good to let things out once in a while, even if you feel you have to do it on your own where nobody else sees it.

I've found out first hand that bottling things up is a very, very bad idea. Nothing wrong with feeling sorry for yourself once in a while, as long as you don't let it get you into a downward spiral of self-loathing and misery.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I'm exactly like this too. And I commented on your newest blog about it too

I mean sure I like being with friends, but after being with them for so long, I just want to go back home and be by myself. And then I'll feel sorry for myself that I'm losing my friends.

Now it seems like the only people I even enjoy being around for a long time and whom I talk to consistently is my ex-girlfriend and my current girlfriend.
Quote by whalepudding
I think it's normal to find sadness comfortable, annoyingly. That's why self pity is so easy and common, but it's self-destructive and you need to force yourself out of it.

Also, Blackadder >>>>>>>>>>>>> Everything else Hugh Laurie has ever been in.

Fixed.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by JayT44

Experiencing strong emotions I think can be enjoyable, simply for the experience.

That said, your general quality of life would probably be improved if you broke out of your slump. Being sad can make one... down.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Jun 27, 2010,
Quote by ShredHead396

Seriously though, that's a mighty cool blog you have there

Wow man, you're ****ing hilarious. Who writes your jokes?

This is a forum dude. People get to post things that are on their mind. Adapt to that reality.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by pbiggie
My inability to recognise A Bit of Fry and Laurie as better than Blackadder is clearly just a diversion to draw attention away from my rampant homosexuality

Fixed.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY