Hi there,
Im looking for suggestions for a new axe - problem is i'm a lefty.

My price range would be around £400-600, although that is just a guide as Im willing to save up extra if it is awesome - basically i want an upgrade from my Ibanez RG370XL.

I play many things - from jazz-blues to shred (not heavier types of metal though, maybe some thrash type sounds, i wont be droptuning for example) - but I have the jazzy side covered (HagstromViking ftw) so im really looking for a guitar which can shred. Im into 80's kramer type superstrats and ibanez type ones aswell but i already own an IbanezRG370 and would not like anything too similar. A floyd rose trem is not necessary as my Ibanez has one and i hardly use it anyway. I seem to be buying a lot of black guitars so would like something which is not black - a transparent finish would be nice if the wood was exiting. Im not fussy about pickup configuration or hardware really (im left handed so i take what i can get lol). A maple fretboard would be preferred though.

Thanks in advance, and feel free to request more info.

tl;dr looking for a left handed shred machine
Last edited by Lefty_God at Jun 27, 2010,
schecter are your friend, head over to their website most of their guitars come left and it tells you if not
Hey Mate, I have the South Paw (left Handed) afflction too. Rhondo Music has plenty of Lefty stuff, they sell through Ebay too, I think they do int. shipping, whats funny is that I see so much on the net available in the ole UK. Though some have some opinions about them, SX has some affordable toys, also through Rhondo. But for 3-400 pounds, you could get one of the triple neck jobs, and have all kinds of fun.
damn that jackson looks niice. im not sure about jacksons though - they seem a bit like they would only fit in a metal band imo - i dont mind the pointy headstock but i dont like the inlays (like my ibanez's) which i think look immature. the only obvious difference between that and my ibanez is the finish which is far superior - are there any reasons why you would recommend the jackson over the ibanez (http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg-370dxl/11087)?

Good shout on the schecter guitars Tedis, they seem really lefty friendly.
Only problem there is that some of the really attractive guitars they offer are only availiable in one colour - normally black =( for example the temepest custom - although the C1 Custom comes in seethru black, which is a bit nicer. The hellraiser c1 looks really nice but i dont want something which looks too metal, so im not sure, ill have to try it out.

(Anyone tried the telecaster style Schecter PT, looks cool, and ive been lookin into fender teles a bit recently too)

About Rondo - i wouldnt be into shipping across the atlantic, i have heard that the cost of shipping and customs stacks up so it isnt worth it, although the prices on that site are attractive (they even sell basses whic are a "y" instead of an "i" from being my name, Bryce)

Thanks for the replies guys, keep em comin
I'm a lefty too . One of the best places to shop online is :
http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/index.aspx

They have aabundant amount of left handed guitars and schecter guitars two .
and they give a goody bag when you buy .

there is also :
http://adirondackguitar.com/lefty/LHMenu.htm

they have a wide variety of left handed guitars .

and then if you want a really cheap lefty there's Rondo.com
they have quite a few of cheap guitars in left handed version.

I personally have bought guitars in the past with each one of these dealers .
Rondo guitars are really cheap and made cheap but great for modding.

I like drumcity . I have bought a Hellraiser 7 and a omen extreme 7 from them and they open the package and set it up with the strings of your liking and make sure everything is right without charge and when it arrives don't be surprised to find a bag full of picks,catalogs,t shirts, guitarstrap's etc. .. I highly recommend these guys
Last edited by cody29 at Jun 27, 2010,
Just to add a bit of info, the single coils make it very versatile, i can get a nice thin clean sound as wel as a classic rock sound and ofcourse a br00tal sound. I wasn't a big fan of the inalys myself too, but when you see it live its 1000 x as pretty
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
Nah man im liking the tonal versatility of the jackson, and single coils look nice too, but dont you find that those spiky inlays look a bit cheesy or, i dont know, unprofessional - they give me the impression of of a 13 yo kids whos only into how pointed his headstock is and how much gain he can kill his tone with - and ive already got that in my ibanez's sarktooth inlay. I can actually like that kind of thing is itf on a maple fretboard though. Ill have to try one of those guitars though coz other than that it looks great.

to cody29, ive actually looked at a few of those stored before, a lot of nice lefty basses at adriondackguitar, but the cost of getting it shipped to scotland would be too hefty.

Any other suggestions for a decent left handed guitar that will handle classic rock/metal/shred and will have a nice 80s shred (... glam even) vibe. Im really into EVH, Mr Big and Extreme atm to give you guys an idea of what im thinkin.
okay . so your looking for something closer to home . A guitar w/ a strat style but hard tail .
I owned that Ibanez you have and is a shredding guitar but when I had mine it was kind odf hard adjusting from that neck to a neck of a schecter or esp .
And an 80 glam ,that's hard to find in that price range . I did find in the UK a Ibanez super strat looking lefty that has a transparent look to it .lavender which strikes me as 80's but the bridge is floating but can be locked .
here's the website i found with all the stuff .

http://www.lefthandedguitars.co.uk/Ibanez-SA260FML-p240.html

Have you thought about finding a bui ld your own guitar kit and making it the way you like ?
I dont Know i see them as half squares not like spiky :P: but everybody has his own opinion ofcourse

This guy has em too, (shawn lane) and he's a good serious musician
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
i believe you just destroyed my prejudice by using Shawn Lane - although he could play anything and make it sound and look godly. (reminds me, ill check out charvels stuff aswell)

and i was looking at that Ibanez before i got the one i did - i would probably see it as a downgrade in some respects, but i might be wrong. I wish ibanez did more of theyre higher end SA type guitars in left handed.

Anyway thanks for all the replies guys you given me some ideas

EDIT: Theres no sign of one on the Charvel website or the dealers website so im emailing them - do any of you know if Charvel offers guitars in left handed? The red SoCal type 1 would fit the bill perfectly i feel, especially because it looks very much like a high quality version of my crappy starter guitar, which i was in love with =D
Last edited by Lefty_God at Jun 27, 2010,
I just got a lefty Charvel 475 and I can recommend it with the highest enthusiasm (I'll be doing a NGD review soon). It is a beautiful guitar, with an amazing tone and feel. I have used Schecter's before and would be wary. In general, I found the craftsmanship a bit below par and it generally lacked soul. The Charvels are full of life and tonal diversity. The necks are also like gliding.

Beyond this, Hamer do some good lefty stuff.

Quote by Lefty_God
i believe you just destroyed my prejudice by using Shawn Lane - although he could play anything and make it sound and look godly. (reminds me, ill check out charvels stuff aswell)

and i was looking at that Ibanez before i got the one i did - i would probably see it as a downgrade in some respects, but i might be wrong. I wish ibanez did more of theyre higher end SA type guitars in left handed.

Anyway thanks for all the replies guys you given me some ideas

EDIT: Theres no sign of one on the Charvel website or the dealers website so im emailing them - do any of you know if Charvel offers guitars in left handed? The red SoCal type 1 would fit the bill perfectly i feel, especially because it looks very much like a high quality version of my crappy starter guitar, which i was in love with =D
Thanks for that info - the problem i have with Hamers are that they remind me too much that PRS dont do lefties lol
Well, Hamers have a very nice Explorer, which plays well. Ibanez SA have a good lefty model. More range if you look abroad - I have had some lefties imported from US. Customs can charge, but selection is very limited in UK, as you will know.

Quote by Lefty_God
Thanks for that info - the problem i have with Hamers are that they remind me too much that PRS dont do lefties lol
Quote by Lefty_God
Hi there,
Im looking for suggestions for a new axe - problem is i'm a lefty.

My price range would be around £400-600, although that is just a guide as Im willing to save up extra if it is awesome - basically i want an upgrade from my Ibanez RG370XL.

I play many things - from jazz-blues to shred (not heavier types of metal though, maybe some thrash type sounds, i wont be droptuning for example) - but I have the jazzy side covered (HagstromViking ftw) so im really looking for a guitar which can shred. Im into 80's kramer type superstrats and ibanez type ones aswell but i already own an IbanezRG370 and would not like anything too similar. A floyd rose trem is not necessary as my Ibanez has one and i hardly use it anyway. I seem to be buying a lot of black guitars so would like something which is not black - a transparent finish would be nice if the wood was exiting. Im not fussy about pickup configuration or hardware really (im left handed so i take what i can get lol). A maple fretboard would be preferred though.

Thanks in advance, and feel free to request more info.

tl;dr looking for a left handed shred machine

If you are a lefty guitarist then don't consider any brand other than Gaskell. Gaskell makes left handed guitars and basses only. Don't support those brands that don't give a rats a** about lefty players by only giving you scraps to chew on. Get a Gaskell. http://www.gaskellguitars.com
It is important to note that all individuals or companies allowing online users to buy cheap (Cheap RS Gold)WOW gold are likely to operate in different ways; however, there may be some common things that are required. At the current time, the WOW gold(RuneScape Gold) can only be used in the World of Warcraft game and that it why that it is important that you have the game. One of the many questions asked by a person who is interested in buying gold for World of Warcraft. because the gold can be purchased for cheap price. The best way to buy (Buy WOW Gold)cheap WOW gold is to find a company or individual selling it online for a low price.