Im planning on getting some new pickups for my epiphone les paul standard, its just got stock humbuckers on it just now.
Do you have any suggestions?
I like the sounds of Joe Perry, Slash/Izzy... the bands I like are in my profile, if it helps you. And I like the look of zebra pickups
I think slash uses some kind of Seymour duncans. not sure about the others

My budget is probably at around £100 give or take.
slash uses seymour duncan alnico II pro slash's, they're zebra pick-ups and sound amazing(well they are custom made to slash). the only problem is that they cost around £105 each, so a bit out of your budget. you could always go for lower down seymnour duncans, but they'll still set you back around £70 each.
Quote by richie7410
slash uses seymour duncan alnico II pro slash's, they're zebra pick-ups and sound amazing(well they are custom made to slash). the only problem is that they cost around £105 each, so a bit out of your budget. you could always go for lower down seymnour duncans, but they'll still set you back around £70 each.

I guess I could stretch to £70 each, that doesnt sound too bad.
if i was you id save up for a little while and get higher end pickups, really itd be worth it in the long run
iron gear rolling mill, very slash sounding, possibley a hot slag (behave) for the bridge, it's got more grunt
Quote by rickyj
if i was you id save up for a little while and get higher end pickups, really itd be worth it in the long run

I was thinking the same kind of thing before, i think i will save for a while.
That said then, any other pickup suggestions since my budget is not £100 anymore?
I'd put Hot Slags in. That's the Irongear ones. £25ish each and no-one dislikes them. Hot as you want with plenty of high-mid to get those breaks standing out.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I would suggest some PAF's. Check out RockMonkey Pickups, the Gorilla Fist series pickups.

http://rockmonkeyguitars.com/humbuckers.htm

Edit: what amp have you got
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
check out irongear pickups. only 25 pounds per pickup but they sound very good.as good as seymour duncans. Get a pair of rolling mills. Get the overwound version in the bridge if u want it slightly hotter. U could also get a Rolling Mill for the neck and a Dirty Torque in the bridge.

http://www.irongear.co.uk/
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Last edited by holycow at Jun 27, 2010,
what amp do you have?
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!