Soo, I won one of these in battle of the bands last night () and tried to play it this morning, and, well, no sound comes out. Lights are on, the tube I can see is lit up, standby is off, speaker is plugged in, nothing in the fx loop, all knobs halfway, tried different leads guitars etc. I'm running out of ideas.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Oh and tried the headphone output, nothing from there either.
Last edited by sam i am at Jun 27, 2010,
make sure both the stand by and power switch are on. also make sure ur guitar's volume knob is on 10.
Quote by daverichards
make sure the cab matches on the head?

It's a combo.... if left the speaker cable in the slot it came in (1x16 ohm).
Are you using the correct output for the speaker cab? Easy mistake like. And try leaving the amp on standby for a while to leave the tubes heat up, my ht-40 stays silenbt for around 30 seconds if the stanby switch is in the "on" position when turned on.
Quote by ledzepkickass
Are you using the correct output for the speaker cab? Easy mistake like. And try leaving the amp on standby for a while to leave the tubes heat up, my ht-40 stays silenbt for around 30 seconds if the stanby switch is in the "on" position when turned on.

Yeah, I though about that. It's currently in one that say 1x16 Ohm, which is what it was like when I got it so I assumed it to be right. I tried changing to 1x8 Ohm, but still didn't work. Also, no sound comes out of the headphone output, where you would think that the speaker output wouldnt matter.

And yeah, I've tried leaving it on a good few minutes, still nothing.
flip the standby switch and try again.....
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
Change the position of the the effects loop button on the back. Sometimes that can interrupt the signal if it's in the wrong position.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION