My brother is getting married and he wants me to play something at his wedding,But I dont think my frontman 25R will be able to do it because it will be too weak and wont sound that good.
Can anyone recommend me any decent amps at around 400$?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by TheQuailman
What songs shall be played? Art thou willing to buy used equipment?

Fixed & +1.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by TheQuailman
What songs shall be played? Art though willing to buy used equipment?

I havent decided what shall be played,Probebly clean/acoustic stuff.
I dont mind buying used.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
I havent decided what shall be played,Probebly clean/acoustic stuff.
I dont mind buying used.

You could actually get through playing an acoustic guitar in this situation if you are going to play at the wedding party as long as the venue has a PA system, but nevermind that
Maybe a louder Fender amp would work. I'm not much into those, since we don't have them here much. If you are from Israel then care to mention what other amp brands are readily available there at your place?
What styles do you normally play?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Get a Peavey Bandit (Red trim model). Run you about maybe 250 USD, maybe less.

I own one, its 100w, very very loud and good for basic stuff.

And if you want to play stuff later that isnt wedding music its versatile for all that.

It sounds alot like a tube amp IMO. It has 3 settings for distortion. A classic one like deep purple, and 60's rock ect. Has a metal setting thats good for like metallica and stuff like that. Then the higher gain thing thats more like new metal I guess.

It also has 2 clean settings 1 is a fender clean, other is I guess more marshall clean its very warm.

Also has built in reverb, a knob that will let you run it anywhere between 10w-100w of power. Each channel has an independing EQ also. And it has a presence knob to put more top end on the sound. Its definitely a cheap player's wet dream if u ask me.
Quote by ravenrage07
Get a Peavey Bandit (Red trim model). Run you about maybe 250 USD, maybe less.

I own one, its 100w, very very loud and good for basic stuff.

And if you want to play stuff later that isnt wedding music its versatile for all that.

It sounds alot like a tube amp IMO. It has 3 settings for distortion. A classic one like deep purple, and 60's rock ect. Has a metal setting thats good for like metallica and stuff like that. Then the higher gain thing thats more like new metal I guess.

It also has 2 clean settings 1 is a fender clean, other is I guess more marshall clean its very warm.

Also has built in reverb, a knob that will let you run it anywhere between 10w-100w of power. Each channel has an independing EQ also. And it has a presence knob to put more top end on the sound. Its definitely a cheap player's wet dream if u ask me.

This sounds really nice ill check it out.
And I play metal mostly but I want it to be verstile because I Like to play occasional Jazz and blues.
Quote by tattyreagh

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Stretch yer budget about $50 and get a Peavey Vypyr Tube 60.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
You could scourer craigslist and come up with a Fender Blues Jr or Hot Rod Deluxe for around that price.
Schecter C-1+, Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates (Neck) Seymour Duncan Custom Custom (Bridge) -->Boss TU-3, Way Huge Angry Troll, Analogman Boss SD-1/808 Silver mod -->Marshall JCM 800 4104 --> Marshall 1960A with Rola Celestion G12-65s
Quote by denied
^ Why would he get a low wattage tube amp for cleans??

TS, how are Israel prices in comparison to US? Do you have a used market you can tap into?

very very high

http://www.musicgate.co.il/index.php?pids=1424&theme=he

9095 Israeli shekels = 2 346 U.S. dollars
until i have an idea NO SIG!
Gear:
Schecter c-1 Hellraiser
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Fender frontman 25r
Korg AX10G
Digitech Grunge
some old zoom muli effect

yes im a lefty