I'm about to purchase a laptop (HP Envy 14) that I will be using in college the next 4 years of my life. I wanted to get the 3-year accidental damage protection (drops, spills, etc.), but it brings the laptop price up $368 (for a $1200 laptop, that's nearly 1/3 again the price).

Anyone recommend getting it? I don't want to shoot myself in the foot later...but 3 years from now I could probably get this same configuration for $368...
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
If you plan on dropping your laptop or spilling beverages on it I would recommend getting the warranty. If you decide to use your laptop as a computer I wouldn't think it be necessary, however.
I'm going to be living in a dorm and taking it to classes, so while I may not damage it, someone else may..

Get it, trust me on that. Even if someone doesn't break it on you, getting a laptop fixed is balls expensive. Most places charge between 50-70 bucks just to look at the damn thing. So for the hardware alone it's a good idea.
Well, it should be fairly self-evident to the people in your dorm that your computer is not a coaster and while you're at class just make sure people don't bump it off your desk as they scootch by to get to their seats. This can be resolved by sitting in the middle of the row of seats yourself.
The university's computer department fixes all hardware computer problems for free, and they'll try on anything else..

I keep getting mixed feelings...it's so expensive!

Take out the warranty just in case. Most products screw up just after their standard warranty finishes. Like I got a laptop for christmas two years ago and about 2 weeks after the warranty ended the disk drive broke. It sucks
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr