Page 1 of 2
Hey Pit,

I need your help. My girlfriend entered this competition on YouTube and if she wins, we will get two nights alone in an expensive hotel......

This is where you guys come in. All I need you to do is watch her video (which is only 26s long) and vote for it. Now, you don't need a YouTube account for this. You simply need to watch the video and click on the green 'thumbs up' that appears over the video towards its conclusion. That is all.

I know this is a lot to ask from the Pit, but we don't get to spend a lot of time with one another and if she were to win this competition (which she can) it would mean a hell of a lot to both of us.

The link is posted below. And yes, the entire thing is her own work (including the music).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4nq6VExFUQ

PS: A big thanks to everyone who has voted . You are all legends.
Quote by foob85
Wearable capo? Maybe he means like clamping the capo to his penis and walking around?

Because that's not what I do with my capo.

OVER MY OBJECTIONS!
DOne mate, Hope you have sexy time with her in your hotel.
Fuck it.
done. good luck.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Voted dude, good luck!
Quote by Milesthedude
If you're havin' room problems I feel bad for you son,
I got 99 problems but a room ain't one.

Artist of the Month: Mic Righteous

Birmingham City FC

Carling Cup Winners 2011
Voted, have fun at the hotel!
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
I'm gonna be honest, the idea was nice, but that animation was HORRIBLE. It's not conveying simplicity, it's conveying the fact that you can't draw and are using "simplicity" as an excuse to not have to try harder.

I voted anyway, but damn, try a little harder than putting a half hour's work in Flash next time.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'm gonna be honest, the idea was nice, but that animation was HORRIBLE. It's not conveying simplicity, it's conveying the fact that you can't draw and are using "simplicity" as an excuse to not have to try harder.

I voted anyway, but damn, try a little harder than putting a half hour's work in Flash next time.

Hmm, I think you're grossly underestimating how painstaking and time consuming the animation process really is. Especially when it's all drawn using only a mouse.

Thanks for the vote, though.

Edit: Note I didn't do this animation; the entire thing was my girlfriend's work.
Quote by foob85
Wearable capo? Maybe he means like clamping the capo to his penis and walking around?

OVER MY OBJECTIONS!
Last edited by Fambi at Jun 27, 2010,
Voted. Good luck dude.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Thanks so much everyone

Teh Pit just made my night.
Quote by foob85

OVER MY OBJECTIONS!
Voted. It was actually pretty good. Have fun.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Oops, I accidently slipped and hit the dislike button.

My bad.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by RU Experienced?
But...it's 9 in the morning?

It's quarter past 11 down here in Australia.
Quote by foob85

OVER MY OBJECTIONS!
Quote by Fambi
Hmm, I think you're grossly underestimating how painstaking and time consuming the animation process really is. Especially when it's all drawn using only a mouse.

Edit: Note I didn't do this animation; the entire thing was my girlfriend's work.

oh believe me, I know how time consuming it is to animate things (I've worked professionally in the animation industry), but even with limited equipment, you can turn out better results than this by putting a more effort into it.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cute clip, the music's nice and the idea is cute, the only thing that bothers me is the animation itself. everything else is really cute and sweet.
Quote by Fambi

It's not THAT hard with Flash. It's a very simple tool to use even with a mouse. Hell just raising the frame rate on that animation would make it look better.
Quote by CoreysMonster
oh believe me, I know how time consuming it is to animate things (I've worked professionally in the animation industry), but even with limited equipment, you can turn out better results than this by putting a more effort into it.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cute clip, the music's nice and the idea is cute, the only thing that bothers me is the animation itself. everything else is really cute and sweet.

I understand where you're coming from, and I can only imagine the standard that is required in the professional industry. I also imagine that you watching this clip would be akin to me watching a junior guitar ensemble play - sure, it's cute, and they got the groove but it probably sounds god-awful.

However, I think you may be expecting a little too much from someone that has just made their second animation in the little spare time that they have, and is not ashamed to admit that they have limited artistic ability.

Having said that I do thank you profusely for your vote
Quote by foob85

OVER MY OBJECTIONS!
Voted TS i hope she wins.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by Slashestranged
It was bad, it did nothing to advertise the product

It's actually not supposed to. I know the name distinctly says Cadbury Advert but it's actually made as part of the Cadbury "Smooth Moves" competition in which you're supposed to show off "smooth moves" (however you interperet that to be).
Quote by foob85

OVER MY OBJECTIONS!
My girlfriend and I are both very grateful for all the voting that has taken place so far

So much so that she is contemplating joining the UG community now
Quote by foob85

OVER MY OBJECTIONS!
Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Done. Wear a condom.

This, and may the (pelvic thrusting) force be with you.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
That was a really great animation. Cutesy art style, and fitting music.

It's got my thumbs up.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by Fambi
It's actually not supposed to. I know the name distinctly says Cadbury Advert but it's actually made as part of the Cadbury "Smooth Moves" competition in which you're supposed to show off "smooth moves" (however you interperet that to be).

If they wanted to see "smooth moves", you should send them a video of what you would do to your girlfriend in that hotel room.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I didn't vote because I think the best should win, not the one with most friends. And I was too lazy to look up all the other contest entries.
The animation itself was cute but I feel like I've seen an animation like this too many times already.
Quote by Fambi
Hey Pit,

I need your help. My girlfriend entered this competition on YouTube and if she wins, we will get to have sex in an expensive hotel......

Fixed and Voted.
Page 1 of 2