Was gonna download some basic drum beats (if anyone has some good ones for metal or something be great)

But how does one jam along to drums? Is it bassicly the same as playing along to a metronome,

I know a handfull of scales and have a few off my own riffs but i'd like to get used to playing with a drummer and using a drummer to stay in time.

Any ideas?
Quote by BoL7z

But how does one jam along to drums? Is it bassicly the same as playing along to a metronome,

You pretty much answered your own question, only the drums give it a bit more soul than a metronome.
Cool, Any tips to getting started with playing along to some drum tracks?

If possible any good source on getting decent drum tracks?
You could just use GP5 drum tracks - more specifically those of bands you like.

Then do your own thing over that, whilst the drums are essential to any band - they are very rarely the center of attention, and often tend sound like many other songs.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Drum resources? I asked myself that question a few years ago, but never content with using other peoples stuff, I just made my own.

You can start off the something simple like TuxGuitar, which although you would never use for a recording, use can use it to make your own backing tracks that can be very helpful depending on how imaginative you are.

Then you can move up to some sort of drum program and recording interface.

If you don't want to go down that route I'm sure you'll find anything you want if enough time is spent on google.

As for tip to get started, just think of it as an elaborate metronome.