I'm thinking about trading my MIM strat for a js100, I've heard mixed reviews on musicians friend but I trust the people here over MF reviews. I play everything and the coil taps appeal to me since I imagine it makes the guitar very versatile.

So I'm asking for anyone's thoughts on the guitar for those who own it or have played it. I'm obviously going to play it before I buy it but It's about an hour drive and I want to know the drive will be worth it.
Barf

Fender 70's reissue strat
Laney 120 mxd
Morley bad horsie 2
rg1570 instead
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've never been a fan of low-end Ibanez signatures. They're not necessarily bad guitars, but you're mostly paying for the artists' name. Of course this is also the case with more expensive signatures, but at least their quality and resale value tends to be a lot better.

If you want something similar to the JS, just go for a nice S (better trem, yet cheaper).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
I've never been a fan of low-end Ibanez signatures. They're not necessarily bad guitars, but you're mostly paying for the artists' name. Of course this is also the case with more expensive signatures, but at least their quality and resale value tends to be a lot better.

If you want something similar to the JS, just go for a nice S (better trem, yet cheaper).

yeah, exactly. i mean the cheaper signatures are basically cheaper ibanezes for the same price as pro-quality ibanezes. it doesn't make much sense. either get an s (similar quality, but better trem and about half the price), or spend the same as a js100 on an rg1570 (better quality).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
shitty. Thanks everyone. I'll just save up for a high end ibanez.
Barf

Fender 70's reissue strat
Laney 120 mxd
Morley bad horsie 2
If you really love the JS shape, try to find an old Radius (540R), they're what the JS was based on and they're relatively cheap these days, still great guitars though.