What's the best amp to get a sound like Dimebag, Slash, Jerry Cantrell, and SRV? Pedals would be included in getting the sound, of course. I've heard the Laney VH100R is pretty versatile. But I wanna hear some other suggestions.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Quote by Corby1888
Budget?

$4000
Gear:
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Soldano SLO100 is just in your budget. I'ts the head that I wish I could get. It is (supposedly) hand built by the same tech from start to finish and has a lifetime warranty. It is a pretty heavy amp that can play anything. And if you are wondering if it would be light enough for playing SRV stuff, Soldano was making an amp for SRV but he died before he got to implement it.
The JCM800 has always been an amp I have liked. And I am going to be gigging soon.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
For 4000, get a freakin' Mesa Boogie.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
i would advise with that budget getting more than one amp. any of the above would be decent possilities. why not go with a bassman for the SRV stuff and a high gain head for all of the rest?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
where are you located? i can't tell if your location is serious or not.

Quote by trashedlostfdup
i would advise with that budget getting more than one amp.

+1

unless you really can't be bothered carting around several amps, if you need a wide range of tones and have the budget for it, several amps will generally do a wide range of tones better than one amp.

if you do want one amp, there are some amps that'll work too, don't worry- you have a pretty big budget. Things like engl SE, bogner ecstacy, brunetti xlr-evo, koch multitone, diezel vh4, fryette (various models), mesa roadking, etc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
A) get two amps to A/B through a single cab

B) buy an amp that has 3 completely isolated channels, with their own volumes, gains, and seperate EQs. The SLO would be absolutely sick, but if you're looking for versatility on the fly, it may not be the amp for you.

you may want something with more control like the Mesa or a similar amp.

That's assuming your talking USD and not Ugandan Dollars
if i had $4k i'd probs get a Diezel Herbert, or a new Dual Recto and a Mk5. The second option is probably more versatile tho. do you need to get a cab as well??
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
I didn't say it can't do everything.

but imo, $4000 later I wouldn't leave the versatility of the amp up to my guitars volume knob, you dig?

It just depends what he wants though. It would just suck for him if he bought a $4000 amp and realized "shit how do I use this live? I don't like the shared EQ..." because he never even thought about it.

If you don't want to spend the full $4k, check out Egnater Tourmaster and Armageddon (which hasn't been released yet though).

In a live situation control is pretty important. More important than the difference in tone between a $2000 amp and a $4000 amp.
Quote by CGB89
What's the best amp to get a sound like Dimebag, Slash, Jerry Cantrell, and SRV? Pedals would be included in getting the sound, of course. I've heard the Laney VH100R is pretty versatile. But I wanna hear some other suggestions.

You could always get one of those new randall amps that you can put modules in. Go get one that doesnt have any moduals in it. THen get a cleanish fender sound lyk a fender bassman or whatever model they have thats like that (idk i dont own a randall, but i know alot about em). So basically get the 3 modular amp thing. Get a Fender Bassman '59 style modual (or whatever they make), for dime get a BOss MT-2 metal zone and you got that, then for the rest just look for it. The modules are like 250 USD each I think... the amp alone is like... idk 1k maybe 2k.
randall RM100
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
^This. Versitality is unlimited with those.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
a slo will do everything except blow you.
4k? uh oh.
don't tell gc that I owe them 2k.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer