hey,

my bro is looking for a decent pair of headphones to play his guitar and amp through, can you guys recommed any?

thanks
I just got some Sennheiser HD 205's, which sound pretty damn good. They also come with a 1/8 to 1/4th adaptor, so you can plug them into an amplifier. The cord is also incredibly long, which is great too, though if your brother doesn't want to pay $65 for a pair of phones, I'd highly recommend the Sony Studio Monitor headphones. They only cost $20 and have a nifty switch on the cord that lets you switch between mono and stereo, which is great for amps that don't have a stereo headphone output.
Don your antithesis spectacle, your backwards monocle, and traipse forward to victory.
I've had some bad experiences with Sennheiser's headphones, so now I only use Bose's.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Sennheiser FTW. Bose is wayy overpriced.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Bose is overpriced crap, don't get that.

AKG makes very nice headphones.

Agreed. I prefer hifi stuff over Bose.

AKG, Grado or even Denon will give a good balanced sound. A budget would be awesome, or I'll just suggest the Grado SR325i or B+W P5.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Bose is overpriced crap, don't get that.

AKG makes very nice headphones.

+1

For the money you can't go wrong with AKG

I bought a cheap set of the K-44's a few years back and they are some of the best headphones I've ever had.

Comfortable, simple, and they sound good. Under 20 bucks if I remember correctly.
You can probably get some Sony MDR V6s for that price. Very flat response curve is great for hearing exactly what you are playing.

Grado SR60is are good too, but they are an open back design so other people will be able to hear due to the high sound leakage compared to closed back cans.
Sennheiser 212's are what i bought a long time ago. they work great and sound balaned and full. i think they are like 60 USD.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/