I'm going to be investing on my second mfx processor in a few days' time (had a Zoom before this one)... Needed some advice on wha to buy... I play in an altern metal band, and as of now am the lone guitarist. Mostly riffage, not too much soloing. Anyway, here's my wishlist for the processor...
1. Quick patch change, should be able to access atleast 4 patches at a time
2. Loads of effects!
3. Multi-functional pedal - Expression pedal should be able to handle a LOT of different parameters
4. Tweakability
5. Good dist... No need of great acoustic patches
6. Good delay, preferably with a looper
7. Intelligent harmonizer
I can't afford the GT-10 or the X-3 live, cuz there's a HUGE customs that we've to pay on guitar gear in India =(
Anything around 300 to 400 USD (unconverted) should be fine. Thanks =)
i have the digitech gnx4 and i love it, big display screen, and any parameter can be programmed to the expression pedal. you can do everything with it. 400 bucks usd brand new. plus it has an 8 track recorder and recording software. i love it
Quote by Aritra_Durga
I'm going to be investing on my second mfx processor in a few days' time (had a Zoom before this one)... Needed some advice on wha to buy... I play in an altern metal band, and as of now am the lone guitarist. Mostly riffage, not too much soloing. Anyway, here's my wishlist for the processor...
1. Quick patch change, should be able to access atleast 4 patches at a time
2. Loads of effects!
3. Multi-functional pedal - Expression pedal should be able to handle a LOT of different parameters
4. Tweakability
5. Good dist... No need of great acoustic patches
6. Good delay, preferably with a looper
7. Intelligent harmonizer
I can't afford the GT-10 or the X-3 live, cuz there's a HUGE customs that we've to pay on guitar gear in India =(
Anything around 300 to 400 USD (unconverted) should be fine. Thanks =)

For 300 to 400 USD to spend on a new unit, you will get the following from above in an mfx.
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Expression pedal won't handle multiple effects at once, meaning you can control one specific parameter at a time with it only
4. Yes
5. Good distortion for using with headphones
6. Yes
7. The harmonizers aren't very intelligent

Sounds like a RP500 could work out here, if you can find one used
Last edited by dahelunover at Jun 27, 2010,
Zoom G9.2TT has very quick patch changes, the most expression capability, but no looper. GNX4 has extensive looping and recording capability, multiple assigns to buttons, but slow patch changes.
ill sell you my boss gt-6 for $175 plus shipping. I love the pedal, but I owe money.
Isn't the GNX4 out of production? I loved the G9.2tt the first time I read about it, what with the twin tubes and all, but it doen't have an on-board looper... How's the ME-70?
I've more or less zeroed in on Boss Me-70, Zoom G9.2tt, Digitech RP500 (I love the GNX-4, but now that it's out of production, won't service be a problem?). I need some feedback to help me decide. Thanks a ton =)
I'll sell you my Boss ME-50 for a decent price. PM me if you're interested.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Save your money until you can get either a Digitech RP1000 or a POD X3 Live.

Sounds like the Digitech RP1000 would better fit your needs.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100