so i'm likely to take a little road trip at the end of the summer...

and i am in charge of plotting the route.

my girlfriend is currently doing an internship on the east coast, and she says she wants to fly me out to nashville to help on the drive home to tucson once she's done in august. along the way, she wants to stop in kansas city to meet up with some family.

so i have some idea of where we should go and this is what i have so far. can any ug'ers recommend some places to visit around the following cities?

Nashville, TN
St. Louis, MO (besides the arch)
Kansas City, MO
Denver, CO (worth it to drive through the rockies?)
Albuquerque/Santa Fe, NM
Go Veg.
Last edited by im not mental at Jun 27, 2010,
i can tell you that you dont want to go anywhere near oklahoma. that place seriously sucks.
CAN I GET A +1?!
Definitely visit the Country Club Plaza while in KC. Really cool architecture and lots of shops and restaurants. The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art would also be a good place to stop.
Without knowing when you need to be back in Tuscon by, it's a little difficult to tell. And in not knowing I'll say screw it. I would definitely say Denver (this time of year is worth the scenery of the rockies), skip New Mexico. The only decent thing I've seen in that state is Carlsbad Caverns. If you have a little extra time, especially if you do go through Colorado, I would say you should go down through Nevada and hit up Vegas. After that, I would go down into southern California and spend a little time in San Diego (trust me, LA is not all it's cracked up to be). Hope some of this helps.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by Sewn Up
Without knowing when you need to be back in Tuscon by, it's a little difficult to tell. And in not knowing I'll say screw it. I would definitely say Denver (this time of year is worth the scenery of the rockies), skip New Mexico. The only decent thing I've seen in that state is Carlsbad Caverns. If you have a little extra time, especially if you do go through Colorado, I would say you should go down through Nevada and hit up Vegas. After that, I would go down into southern California and spend a little time in San Diego (trust me, LA is not all it's cracked up to be). Hope some of this helps.

No unfortunately I can't go to california or vegas... besides if I could backtrack i'd go to chicago instead. and I grew up in the bay area, you don't need to tell me how overrated la is lol.

But yeah I have a choice to either go through new mexico or pass through southeastern utah then flagstaff and phoenix, which is definitely another option
Go Veg.
Quote by happytimeharry
Definitely visit the Country Club Plaza while in KC. Really cool architecture and lots of shops and restaurants. The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art would also be a good place to stop.

This is completely unrelated to the thread, but your sig is awesome. Awesome!
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Quote by InfiniteRain
This is completely unrelated to the thread, but your sig is awesome. Awesome!

Ha, well thank you sir. To pass on the complement, I dig the avatar.