Hi,

I have a small question, im holding the pick with my thumb and pointer finger, the picks places on the side of my pointer and the thumb goes on top of the pick - the standart holding way ( i think)
Dont have a camera near me so I just did a fast scetch.
EDIT: while painting i noticed that the pick is pre-turned when i play, i dont hit the string flat on, it has an angle to it, thus making the string first get past the nail and then the pick

Now i let only a very small, A VERY SMALL tip from the pick be out of the fingers, thus my pointer finger( which is under the pick) is very close to the tip and when i hit the string the nail of my finger slightly "slides" the string also it does NOT make any additional/unwanted sound.

I just want to know if any of you get this and is this normal/bad ?
Last edited by DocArunas at Jun 27, 2010,
... Cut your nails?

I would also say no, any noise that you don't intend to make is bad.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
No you dont get it, the part where it touches isnt "cutable" its the nail itself, its hard to explain
Last edited by DocArunas at Jun 27, 2010,
dont hold the pick so close to the tip?
#1 Bad Astronaut Fan
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Im the crazy person on the tv show intervention who does duster.
I did the same thing when I played guitar. WHAT YOU DO IS just change how you hold the pick. I'm serious, this is the only way to stop it, while you play you're going to have to monitor how you're holding the pick at all times.
I find the way you hold the pick very uncomfortable for me, you could move the tip of your pointer to the center of the pick, and hold the pick itself not so close to the tip.
Quote by Damaged Roses
move the tip of your pointer to the center of the pick

Do this, from the picture it looks like you're using the knuckle as part of your grip so just move your finger so you're pressing the pick against the side of your nail.

You can still choke up on the pick a lot so ignore what everyone else is saying about leaving more of the pick sticking out.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by DocArunas
Haha, i remembered i have a webcam heres a pick :

*pic*

Yep, definitely move your finger so you're gripping closer to the tip of your finger.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.