I'm gonna go with the Jazzmaster just cause i have never heard of a brand named 'Duesenberg' but i live in canada so we don't see many euro guitars but from the specs on both of them and your style of music and amp you can't really go wrong with either so just try them out and see whcih one you like the feel of
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
completely different styles of guitar. I haven't tried either. you'd need to try them, or something similar, if you really don't know which you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Duesenberg for me, but thats just cuz I'm me. Very different guitars.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
now that i think of it, i haven't tried them, but fanos might also be worth a look if you're after that style of guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wow the fano's jazzmaster model looks really good, not sure how it compares to the Fender one at all tho :|

Also this will be my main guitar, I currently have two low-range ones: a japanese jazzmaster and an airline copy.

If I buy the new jazzmaster, I'll sell the old one, and if I buy the Duesenberg I'll sell my airline.
And then swap between my new guitar and the remaining old guitar for the different music styles, though I'm told both guitars are quite versatile...

Originally posted by Lorddrg7
If crap came in a package, it would probably be wrapped in this
Last edited by Bidinski at Jun 27, 2010,
Duesenbergs are very good guitars (albeit I haven't played one, but the reviews are good). Not to mention a lot of indie and alt artists use them, and I'm sure a few blues players use them.

I would mention trying them out, but I think Duesenbergs might be a bit hard.

And don't just limit yourself to two guitars either.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i thought MIJ fenders were pretty good. the jazzmaster pickups are meant to be completely wrong (i.e. they're not really jazzmaster pickups), but any MIJ Fenders I've tried (plus things like tokais etc.) have been great. Might be worth finding some replacement pickups (curtis novak? Haven't tried them, but he's meant to be the dude to go to for more "out-there" pickup types).

I wouldn't call it low-end, in other words. Keeping the MIJ jazzmaster, upgrading the pickups (assuming you like the guitar) and then getting a second, good quality guitar, might be the way to go.

As I said, I haven't tried fanos but they're meant to be pretty good. they're high-end guitars for sure, but where they fit in on the high-end scale, I don't know. I think they have p90s, too, not jazzmaster pickups, so they're going to sound a bit different, presumably.

EDIT: soundsgreat in manchester is a fano dealer. It's not like 2 minutes away, but it might be close enough to be worth a trip, especially if you're spending that kind of money. obviously ring or email before making a journey to make sure they have some in stock. They also have tons of other high-end guitars (and amps and pedals), if their website is anything to go by (I've never been), so you could try a whole bunch of stuff.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 27, 2010,
Yeah, the pick-ups where the main reason I wanted the 'better' Jazzmaster, my current ones are treble-y and a bit stratish, also the bridge is just terrible and you can't use the trem cause the arm isn't made to click into place. But I guess you could fix most of them... just depends on the cost.

And yeah I found that side off the Fano website and have already emailed them about stock, depending on what they say I'll make a trip over there and try some stuff out.

Sadly, there's nowhere for miles that hasthe duesenberg model I'd like to try out

yeah, duesenbergs are fairly hard to find.

fixing the pickups in your jazzmaster should be fairly easy (if you're really stuck, i think even duncan makes jazzmaster pickups, you could check the price on thomann), not sure about the trem, though.

from what i've heard, those MIJ jazzmaster pickups are just strat pickups under JM covers, so that'd explain it.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 28, 2010,
bump?

^ gtfo

*reported*
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?