I want to replace some of the hardware on my strat, I'm going to start with the tuners and bridge. What tuners do you suggest and can different tuners alter tone or increase sustain? and what are the pros and cons of both kahler and floyed rose tremelo systems? I'm leaning towards kahler.
Barf

Fender 70's reissue strat
Laney 120 mxd
Morley bad horsie 2
Kahlers require less routing, the bar is VERY easy to use and has a really soft feel, and you can adjust the strings in six different directions (as opposed to two on the FR) for a perfect feel, but it goes out of tune with bends, and the stock locking nuts suck (use FR ones)

Floyds have incredible tuning stability, a bit wider range than that of Kahler's, and a much better flutter effect. But the bar is much stiffer, and you have to take out a TON of body wood to route one.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy1eiMZ5nUk
There's 3 in the series, watch them all. They get really in-depth.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Last edited by JagerSlushy at Jun 27, 2010,
Quote by JagerSlushy
Kahlers require less routing, the bar is VERY easy to use and has a really soft feel, and you can adjust the strings in six different directions (as opposed to two on the FR) for a perfect feel, but it goes out of tune with bends, and the stock locking nuts suck (use FR ones)

Floyds have incredible tuning stability, a bit wider range than that of Kahler's, and a much better flutter effect. But the bar is much stiffer, and you have to take out a TON of body wood to route one.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy1eiMZ5nUk
There's 3 in the series, watch them all. They get really in-depth.

And I presume that by removing all that wood there will be a loss in sustain?
Barf

Fender 70's reissue strat
Laney 120 mxd
Morley bad horsie 2
you can actually just set a Floyd up on a Strat to be Dive Only you know?
You fill the six holes that were originally there, you file out the rectangular hole in the top of the guitar so the floyd will fit through, you drill the post holes out and voila, you have a strat with a one way floyd!

Obviously routing is required to go both ways but if you only want to dive it you'd be fine with this method!