I'm looking for new in-ear headphones, for not more than $100 US, and they should have different ear fittings because i have trouble keeping ipod style earphones in. I, however dont know anything about headphones

If anyone could give me some advice, it would be great thanks.
sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo
Get some Gummys (made by JVC) if you can find them, I have some that cost me 8GBP and I swear by them
Don't be afraid to try the cheaper ones. I use some from Sony and they rock! I have some from Sennheiser that cost twice as much as the Sonys but don't sound any better.
Arguing on the Internet is a lot like being in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded
The Skull Candies I use sound nice.

Maybe it's just me, but really nice bass, really nice quality. Blocks out sound really well, too.

Quote by Aliasaria
Get some Gummys (made by JVC) if you can find them, I have some that cost me 8GBP and I swear by them

Do NOT listen to him. I got some, they get extremely dirty extremely quickly. The fittings wear out really quickly and cut the inside of your ear to shit, and they are the best way to get an ear infection. I was always careful about putting things in my ears, and didn't see anything wrong with them, but I got an infection a few months ago from them, and I've lost alot of the hearing in my left ear from it. And it's not only me that thinks these caused it, I asked and showed them to my doctor, and he says it's likely that where I got it from.

Plus they sound awful. The bass is WAY to powerful, and they are really staticy.

I would recommend a good pair of Sony headphones, you can get a good pair for about £45
i have some nice shure ones, not sure what they cost as i found them
now extra flamey
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Sennheiser Precision CX-300 IIs

The II bit is important. The originals were crap. The IIs are better in-ears than any other at the price range and lower. Sony are only good for Blu-Ray players and the less said about JVC and Skull candy the better.

+1, but I prefer the CX-400 IIs, a little more pricey though.

And TS, please don't get gumy earphones, the sound is terrible.
Sony is the way to go, in my opinion. I have the Compact Fit earbuds, and they have amazing sound quality and bass, and for only 17-27$.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Audio Technica ATH-CK7
Had them for several months. Sound amazing, everything you would want, totally clear, REALLY durable, and I can be pretty rough with them.

EDIT:
http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-CK7-Titanium-Earphones/dp/B000N427GI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277670726&sr=8-1

Just step yourself outside, and look up at the stars above.

Last edited by Doctor Wu at Jun 27, 2010,
Bose
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
JVC marshmallows are good for the price, but don't expect anything amazing about them.

This.

20 bucks at your nearest Wal-Mart, and I'd say they're pretty good.
Quote by RicoTheBeast
This.

20 bucks at your nearest Wal-Mart, and I'd say they're pretty good.

Pretty good too but I've gone through several pairs even when treated well.

Quote by Aliasaria

I agree with this. They're cheap as hell and sound pretty good. I've never heard anyone really complain about them (outside of the blue writing up there ^...which seems doubtful.)

If you have a bit more money then I'd say the Sennheiser Precision CX-300 II which have been mentioned are a very good set of earphones.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by RicoTheBeast
This. 20 bucks at your nearest Wal-Mart, and I'd say they're pretty good.
These are the best headphones I've ever used. I'd take these in a heartbeat over the iPod pair.

Quote by Doctor Wu

I've had one pair, and I've had them for a year at least. They've been squashed, dunked in coffee, air dried, and used again.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
The premium headphones I got with my Zune were pretty good. Only drawbacks really are that they're fabric covered, and you get static when you brush against other fabrics or rough materials. And that the fabric covering after being folded (to fit in my pocket) ripped. I just taped it up, but its ok.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by Angus_Junior35
These are the best headphones I've ever used. I'd take these in a heartbeat over the iPod pair.

I've had one pair, and I've had them for a year at least. They've been squashed, dunked in coffee, air dried, and used again.

They can withstand stuff like that I guess really good, but the part right above the jack always starts getting worse and worse. I guess its just cause I kept them in my pocket with my ipod.

i like seinheisser CX300II's
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
+1 for JVC Gummys.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Yea Gummy
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
i think im going to go with sennheiser cx 300 II or cx 400 IIs. gummys don't look like they will stay in my ears too well.

What is the difference between the SH CX-300 IIs and CX-400 IIs?
sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo
Quote by Outerspacegrass
i think im going to go with sennheiser cx 300 II or cx 400 IIs. gummys don't look like they will stay in my ears too well.

What is the difference between the SH CX-300 IIs and CX-400 IIs?

The 300s have a bit more detail to them. The 400s I find a little overbassy.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

how can you laugh at bose they have top notch audio products? if any disagree than you really have never tested them out.
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
Quote by Doctor Wu

I had one pair last a year and another pair last about three months, with both being used every day...

They recently tweaked the Marshmallows actually, and I'm really diggin' the new ones. Also TS, if the cable length means anything to you, the new Marshmallows have a relatively long cable (for a pair of earphones). I always thought the Gummies had too short of a cable (tugged a bit on my ears when I moved around with my Zune in my pocket).
Last edited by RicoTheBeast at Jun 27, 2010,
Quote by Skagasm
how can you laugh at bose they have top notch audio products? if any disagree than you really have never tested them out.

They sell stock car audio. "Premium" =/= a ten inch sub in the trunk. Bose overrates everything.
I would get a set of Wicked Little Buds. They come with 3 different fittings, they're noise cancelling, and they cost anywhere from $10-$40 depending on which ones you get. I have a set now and they are AMAZING!!!
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
I got skullcandy smokeys or something, its like 30 bucks and pretty good bass and stuff. I've heard a lot of mixed things about skullcandys but I figure they're popular for a reason.
Anyone have any good recommendations for headphones in the shape of gummies or iPod headphones that are quality, because I can never get the ones shaped like the sennheisers recommended earlier to fit.
Quote by batman187
I got skullcandy smokeys or something, its like 30 bucks and pretty good bass and stuff. I've heard a lot of mixed things about skullcandys but I figure they're popular for a reason.

they're popular cos they have skulls on them and people think they look awesome.they are just a fad.i wouldnt recommend them
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
The CX300 II's are great, but if you have a bit more money I would go for the CX550's. They are less bassy, and more balanced.
Trust in me and fall aswell.