So, i have Laney Cub 10 guitar amp, which has two inputs, Lo and Hi, but only one can work at same time. How can i make to work them both? Maybe you know exactly what should be rewired there? Are there many problems to make them both work?
Here is the scheme:
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp47/karkacool/Laneycub10schemajpeg.jpg
Last edited by Guitar_vibrator at Jun 27, 2010,
Uh, I would not even attempt that, just buy another amp, one, you start jacking with the internals of an amp without knowing what your doing and it can easily kill you, and two, running two guitar signals through an amp designed to process one would sound like a cat being strangled by a fence flying through a wood chipper.

Easy answer, don't do it.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Uh, I would not even attempt that, just buy another amp, one, you start jacking with the internals of an amp without knowing what your doing and it can easily kill you, and two, running two guitar signals through an amp designed to process one would sound like a cat being strangled by a fence flying through a wood chipper.

Easy answer, don't do it.

Yep, I've tried it, it's not meant to be.
you should just get your friend to bring an amp round.
or if you're a spoiled rich kid, get your parents to buy a spare practice one.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
HM... I think that Y cable would devide my guitars and mp3's output power, and there would be less gain.. Isn't that right? Please don't write answers like Valveking combo could do it or buy another amp... If i want to play in the street would it be easier to carry one amp with two inputs or two amps?? I need some answers from people who really knows what they're saying..
you're trying to play along with a recording?

its called a boombox. kids these days...
Quote by saint22
you're trying to play along with a recording?

its called a boombox. kids these days...

remember playing along with a skipping lp player? those were the days.
Quote by Guitar_vibrator
I am trying to play with a backing track )

Get a separate speaker setup for the MP3 / buy a Roland Street Cube?

Running an MP3 through the 2nd input of your amp won't go well. Because your amp isn't designed to run two signals. Modding it to do so isn't going to sound any good for the 2 signals, it's just not worth it.

Get one of those speaker things that run off of batteries, sorted.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey