So I can get either of the three:
-Line 6 POD 2.0
-Line 6 POD XT
or the -Behringer V-AMP 3

each for around $100 give or take. I need a multi-effects processor to help record and just to mess around with for fun. I've heard good things about all, and I was leaning towards one of the pods but I have a friend who swears by the V-AMP.

Also, I can get a Line 6 Floor pod plus for about $150, but I've heard mixed reviews.

Opinions?
Honestly go with the POD, I know a lot of guitar players who get good quality out of them. And don't get the floor POD, if you're just going to be using it for recording. The floor POD is meant more as a live multi-effects processor.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
Quote by Azertiosa
v-amp, people on UG won't rip teh piss out of you as much.

please tell me you're on acid

get the xt, it has most features and some pretty damn good tones
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Yeah, I was thinking about the floor POD because it would be convenient live. Would the XT be reliable for gig use? I heard it isn't quite durable but I'm more worried about the sound.
i thought we were talking recording, for live use i guess you would have to get the floor pod so that you can change channels
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Yeah, it is mainly for recording. I was just wondering about its live use just to weigh another aspect of it, because that's the only area where I would've thought the floor POD to be a better idea.