Sorry if this is asking the same question but I'm new at this. I play acoustic gigs and want to add 2 pedals to my set. One a bass drum and one snare. Can I use 2 rock band replacement pedals that I can buy on ebay and plug them into an alesis dm5? and program one pedal to bass and one pedal to snare? Is it that easy?
Thanks
I think it would be cool...The pedals use the same cord as a simple headphones. If you can plug them in then I see no reason why it shouldnt.
Quote by Dream Floyd
I wore a Justin Bieber shirt to one of my gigs once. I then ripped it off and burned the shirt. One of the most metal things I've ever done.

Quote by Paith
and that thing is super sexy......like megan fox sexy.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Since when has asking the pit counted as research?
Dunno if this is the most appropriate place for it, but if they're 6.25mm jack output then i don't see why they wouldn't work. The thing is though is they're not the best quality but oh well i suppose if it's cheap then you might as well.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Thanks boys. Using this same concept of foot triggers so my hands are free to play guitar. Do you have any other ideas of how I could do it. I want to get away with it pretty cheaply, but I do agree the rockband pedals would be pretty cheap. I guess I have to buy the Alesis DM5 drum module, but any other ideas on a more quality foot pedals. Cheers guys.
get a cahone and 2 bass drumm pedals, will give you a better sound
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
Quote by volks
Thanks boys. Using this same concept of foot triggers so my hands are free to play guitar. Do you have any other ideas of how I could do it. I want to get away with it pretty cheaply, but I do agree the rockband pedals would be pretty cheap. I guess I have to buy the Alesis DM5 drum module, but any other ideas on a more quality foot pedals. Cheers guys.

The best way to do it really is to do what a drummer would do and get a proper kick drum pedal and a pad designed for kick drum. They don't have to be ridiculously expensive but try not to get the absolute cheapest thing you can get.

get a cahone and 2 bass drumm pedals, will give you a better sound

Presumably you're refering to a Cajón rather than a testicle? Yeah, might work. But he did ask for 2 different drum sounds rather than just one.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Thanks heaps guys. I've ditched that idea after investigating more. My new plan is maybe an alesis e practice pad, which I can plug in a kick and a hi hat pedal seperately and then get a bass drum kick pedal and kick the actual pad for a snare. So I have 3 possible drum sounds, but only 2 feet but it gives me more options. I would have to mount the alesis e practice pad standing up.

OR

Does the alesis trigger I/0 module, plug straight into a normal mixer or does it have to go into a computer? As I said I'm new to this I don't get all the jargon. So I could just get 2 remo practice pads, throw a piezo mic in them, stand them up and have 2 kick pedals and maybe a bass drum for one sound and snare for the other. So I've got both my hands free for guitar and beer and my feet free to drum. What do you think? Cheers boys
ok I just read the alesis trigger I/0 has to plug into a drum module so that's kind of blown my idea away.
Quote by volks
Thanks heaps guys. I've ditched that idea after investigating more. My new plan is maybe an alesis e practice pad, which I can plug in a kick and a hi hat pedal seperately and then get a bass drum kick pedal and kick the actual pad for a snare. So I have 3 possible drum sounds, but only 2 feet but it gives me more options. I would have to mount the alesis e practice pad standing up.

This was what i initally suggested, only you can buy actual kick drum pads that come with their own stands!

OR

Does the alesis trigger I/0 module, plug straight into a normal mixer or does it have to go into a computer? As I said I'm new to this I don't get all the jargon. So I could just get 2 remo practice pads, throw a piezo mic in them, stand them up and have 2 kick pedals and maybe a bass drum for one sound and snare for the other. So I've got both my hands free for guitar and beer and my feet free to drum. What do you think? Cheers boys

This is also a possible idea. You can buy drum triggers designed to do exactly this and plug into a standard drum module but to be honest in terms of cost savings you're probably better off just buying a pad.
EH

Thanks Eddie, I'll go with the practice pad. I'll make the kick trigger from a remo practice pad and a piezo mic, and make a stand for it to save buying one but probably have to buy the hi hat extension pedal. Cheers mate for all your help
Quote by eddiehimself

Presumably you're refering to a Cajón rather than a testicle? Yeah, might work. But he did ask for 2 different drum sounds rather than just one.

yes i was. i've seen them with a snare side and a bass side before, it depends on which one you get
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
I had another thought. If I made my kick trigger from a remo practice pad and put two piezo mic's inside it and made separate jacks for them and plugged one into the kick input and one into the hi hat input. Would the kick and hi hat be activated at the same time? So I could get two drum sounds from one kick. Cheers
Alternatively to that, Could I buy a Y cable with all 3 plugs being 1/4 inch male jacks and plug the single end into the piezo in the kick and with the double end. Plug one into one kick trigger on a kick module and the other into a separate kick trigger and choose different sounds for each kick trigger. (Assuming I bought a DM5 module)??
I'm keen to get the most sounds possible by just using my feet...
Honestly man I dont know if those will work. They might, might not. I think your best bet is to just try all of them and see what works best. Best of Luck!!
Quote by Dream Floyd
I wore a Justin Bieber shirt to one of my gigs once. I then ripped it off and burned the shirt. One of the most metal things I've ever done.

Quote by Paith
and that thing is super sexy......like megan fox sexy.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Since when has asking the pit counted as research?