Page 1 of 2
Due to a recent thread about bad experinces it made me think.

How Do You Avoid Being Friend Zoned?

I thought hard on this and I really couldnt think of anything, So whats ur guys personal opinions on Avoiding the Dreaded Friend Zone? Anything specfic or general?
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Be a man.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
2 Very Good Answers, Kensai u never disappoint :P

But anything specfic, I always find that you can get Friend Zoned no matter what
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Quote by Xter
2 Very Good Answers, Kensai u never disappoint :P

But anything specfic, I always find that you can get Friend Zoned no matter what

I think I can help you, young man.
I love the Friend Zone.

It's like my summer house.

And it's always summer.

EDIT: But seriously, it's about having the confidence to take the step to make your intentions clear before you even get into that zone.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Haha loving this so far even though I havnt got answers i seek

But Seriously any1 esle ever have my problem? I know tons of chick but every1 of them I seemed to be Friend Zoned with and I dunno how.
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
I'd say just ask them out before you get too close.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Tell her you want her to get your dick wet.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Kilobyte
I love the Friend Zone.

It's like my summer house.

And it's always summer.

EDIT: But seriously, it's about having the confidence to take the step to make your intentions clear before you even get into that zone.

How do u know when you are close to that Friend Zone?
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Quote by Xter
How do u know when you are close to that Friend Zone?

When it doesn't feel like she fancies you any more, she starts treating you like a girl friend.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Xter
Haha loving this so far even though I havnt got answers i seek

But Seriously any1 esle ever have my problem? I know tons of chick but every1 of them I seemed to be Friend Zoned with and I dunno how.

Pick one and tie them down, show them your huge dick and let them go, they will want you or the rest of your life.
Gear:
American Strat (Modded with Kinman Pickups and more )
PRS Paul Allender (Don't like Cradle of Filth though )
Line 6 Spider Valve 212 (Broken )
Blackstar HT-5 Combo Amp

DR.ZOIDBERG!!!!! (Very inspirational)
Quote by Tarsplitter
You must be ugly.

or gay.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
The thing is, you have to be confident, and you cant be the guy thats always there for them. That should come after you make your intentions of being more than friends clear.

Its pretty hard to describe actually. Just flirt with them, and dont get too close right away.
Basically Kensai was right. You have to be a man and do manly things and be down to earth. Don't mess around with girls until it starts to happen naturally because your manliness attracts them.

Keep in mind: discipline, sports, studies, career (especially something practical like engineering or something else that guarantees a good income and career), being responsible of your actions, not joking around, taking care of your health are probably the most important things. Just imagine what you think a perfect man/husband has to be and try to become one. First things first.
Quote by Tarsplitter
You must be ugly.

Actually alot of girls tell me im Cute and stuff like that, Never been called handsome but pretty much everything esle in the book.
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
"Friend zone": Emotionally trusted by everybody? Or a person that is kind of the middle of a friend group?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by OMGWinner
Basically Kensai was right. You have to be a man and do manly things and be down to earth. Don't mess around with girls until it starts to happen naturally because your manliness attracts them.

Keep in mind: discipline, sports, studies, career (especially something practical like engineering or something else that guarantees a good income and career), being responsible of your actions, not joking around, taking care of your health are probably the most important things. Just imagine what you think a perfect man/husband has to be and try to become one. First things first.

The bolded part. Grow a beard, cut down some trees and stuff. Maybe build something out of the trees.
Weard plaid shirts, sleeves rolled up while doing so.
Quote by MightyAl
The bolded part. Grow a beard, cut down some trees and stuff. Maybe build something out of the trees.

I laughed so hard. But it is true although it wasn't exactly what I had in mind.
Last edited by OMGWinner at Jun 27, 2010,
Quote by MightyAl

Well I kinda had a beard once. I did cut down a tree before not terribly big but not small. I built a guitar which is made of Wood.

But I did have the Plaid Shirts with the sleeves rolled up when i did
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Just don't devote your life to her. Spend more time away from her than you do with her. Make slightly harsh jokes every now and then but be more nice than you are harsh.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Real response time!

Relationship thread, bro. (Clicky!)

Basically, if you keep getting friend zoned, that means you're putting yourself out there too much, getting to know each other too closely before you make a move. You need to keep her wondering, according to the thread.

Thanks Man! I tried that before and a girl called me a Douche, so I never tried it again, I've just been open and honest
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Dick in a box.

either this

or

When asking a girl out you kinda have to show you are interested in a relationship/sex

Don't listen to or talk about problems in life and stuff like that.

The whole Nice guy thing means always being there and always listening <----DONT DO THAT!

Signs you are headed for the friend zone:

She talks about how past boy friends have hurt her.

You are the first person she calls when she is upset

She hugs you and pats you on the back.

You call her when ever you are up set.

She talks about guys she likes.

there are others Im sure.

Essentially to keep from getting in the friend zone with a girl..ask them out on a DATE when you meet them. Ask to meet up somewhere for lunch. No big romantic dinner, no movie, no picking her up just lunch. Try not to smother or call too much early on..or she will think you are already too attached

Look her in the eye and kinda show you are attracted to them. She already knows you want in her pants..she just wants to see if you are worth it. Accept early on she is smarter than you..

And be your self...if you are awkward and stuff tough shit..but don't TRY to be cool.she will zero in on that like a guided missile and then never call you back. She may respect the fact you are not trying to act like something else.

After a couple dates when she is warmed up to you and you know each other better. The rest is up to you....
Quote by Xter
Well I kinda had a beard once. I did cut down a tree before not terribly big but not small. I built a guitar which is made of Wood.

But I did have the Plaid Shirts with the sleeves rolled up when i did

Also if she says no to a date..leave her the hell alone.

Just be like ok that's fine. itll show you are not some crazy guy and that you are willing to move on after rejection and that it doesn't hurt you. One of the biggest reasons a girl will not date a guy is cause she is scared she will hurt him.

She may even call you up or ask you out next time you meet.
Quote by Xter
Due to a recent thread about bad experinces it made me think.

How Do You Avoid Being Friend Zoned?

I thought hard on this and I really couldnt think of anything, So whats ur guys personal opinions on Avoiding the Dreaded Friend Zone? Anything specfic or general?

You don't, within the first few minutes, a girl will know whether or not to put you in the friend zone. Most likely you will automatically be in it. The problem with that is that most do not know they are in the friend zone until they put themselves in a hole and keep on digging.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Watch Scrubs Season One, Episode Three and do the opposite.

This
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
its in the damn relationship thread faq, we dont need a thread *reported*
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
^ They never explained excatly how u get into friend zones and what excatly to do to avoid the Friend Zone.

and Thanks everyone, the Pit never fails to answer my questions!
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
The best way is probably to Capitalize The First Letter of Random Words.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Page 1 of 2