i've heard so many good things about the orange one, but that haydn one looks such great value for money. buy both, problem: sorted xD
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
ORange - great sounds, not much versatility
Hayden - Versatility in a small package, not very welll thought out...

I'd go for the Orange.

Dempsey, I have tried your chord and must say it is alright.
Personally I thought the Orange sounded awful when turned up loud. It also dosn't have an effects loop.

The Hayden is a lot more versatile in my opinion, it does have an effects loop (although its a strange one input, Y cable type one). It also looks a lot cooler, I think, if that matters at all.

The Hayden is also cheaper.

The Orange probably has more gain, but the gain isn't as usable as the Haydens in my opinion.

The orange actually has two channels, where as the Hayden dosn't, but it does have the 'mofo' boost mode.

The Hayden is a far better amp in my opinion.

Also if you're lucky you'll get a handwired and signed by Dave Green one.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
do you need two channels and high gain?

if not- valvepower 18 watter is worth considering too (i haven't tried the two amps you listed)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I could do with two channels, but i could just use pedals.

And don't really need high gain.
i've got a dual terror and i love it, play similar stuff too by the sounds of it. that being said that hayden looks a great deal!
Guitars
Fender USA Strat
Tele c/w Bare Knucks
Amps
Dr Z Remedy
Orange Dual Terror
Epiphone VJ
Orange 1X12 Cab
Pedals
Loads!!
how much gain do you need? the vp might be ok, but it doesn't have as much as even something like a tiny terror.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Orange Dual Terror has a lot of gain, and most of it is surprisingly functional. It's loud but still great for home use. The clean tones are pretty dull - they're way too thick and "straight" (i.e. there is little in the way of dynamics and spontaneity) - but that's not what it was really designed for. It's best when you stick it in 7 watt mode, crank the master volume and crank the gain. It's a little too loud if you have angry neighbours, but fine otherwise.

I haven't played the Mofo but I hear it's not particularly aggressive, while the Dual Terror is, I know that for sure. Also, Orange amps tend to be a little "dark" in that they don't have huge amounts of presence, treble or midrange. And that suits certain genres of music - notably stoner rock/metal, alternative indie and doom - but it can be tricky with modern forms of metal or strict blues.

For your style of music, I'd probably recommend the Orange over the Hayden, but I can't say for sure.
I have the Orange and it's fantastic. The thing is, it will start to sound lackluster as your strings die, you can't get away with having the same set on your guitar for a month at a time. New strings really make the cleans bloom, I get an amazingly open sound without any reverb.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I'd get the Mofo just to be different. Sexy looking too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification