I'm sure everyone is... but again I'm the kind of guy that buys new PC every 8 years
I've been saving for quite some time now, and the budget limit is 650$. I wanted a guitar with set neck, mahagony body, nice die cast tuners, dual humbuckers so I narrowed my choise to a few. Epiphone LP Standard, Schecters(C1/Tempest Standard), ESPs (EC-256/401/401VF) and Ibanez ART320.
So my question is: which one will last longer?(will not fall apart in a few months) I know that for the budget I can get only a Asian made guitar, and the QC is acceptible at best, and with that in mind every guitar will be diferent, but generaly speaking... What is your past/curent expirience with the brand/model.
Recommendations appreciated, Thanks

P.S I'm aware of the price and hardware diference
Last edited by Kickstart101 at Jun 27, 2010,
No guitar will fall apart in a few months if you take care of it.

It depends what you play, really. And what kind of amp you have.

Everything you listed will last you awhile.
Well I'm not sure really... I mean with care you could probably get a mexican fender to last a lifetime so any of them really.
I don't know... Personally I would pick the schecter tempest out of those choices because i love the feel of that guitar above anything else, my best mate has one and every time i go round it never leaves my fingertips. Otherwise I'd say Epi les paul because the quality comparison of epi's to gibsons these days is overlooked and they are becoming pretty darn similar but for a fraction of the price...
I personally wouldn't choose an ESP or Ibanez cause the resale will be kack and they're gravitated towards only metal.
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
In terms of which will stay in good condition for the longest time, they're all the same. Their parts are mostly around the same quality and any guitar can last you decades so long as you don't go out of your way to trash it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
you could look at getting a tokai, burny or edwards les paul, they're japanese copies that are said to be as good if not better than gibsons, if you look used you can get a fairly new gibson
i'd go with the schecter.
and another thing..."asian-made guitar"?
you realize that MIJ is some of the best guitars right?

keep your eyes out for a used ibanez prestige on ebay or something.
Quote by Arterial
i'd go with the schecter.
and another thing..."asian-made guitar"?
you realize that MIJ are some of the best guitars right?

keep your eyes out for a used ibanez prestige on ebay or something.

He's saying that he can't afford made in America. It has nothing to do with Asian-made guitars being bad. He's generalizing that his best options are Asian made guitars.

I see no problem.

Made in Japan guitars are of fine quality. Depending on the guitar. Some are really good, but just like any guitar, some aren't all that great.
Thanks for the quick replies guys, really backed up and helpfull.
About the Japanese made guitars, I didn't knew that there are mij guitars in this price range, all of the above are made in China, S Korea or Indonesia for economy reasons. I cant think of a single thing mij with a poor quality for that matter.
So the 500$ tokais are MIJ?! Wow I was looking only at GCs site, I forgot about the Agile and the other alternatives.
I guess I got scared from the negative reviews, Huh?! Thats what you get for being a pessimist.
Quote by Kickstart101
Thanks for the quick replies guys, really backed up and helpfull.
About the Japanese made guitars, I didn't knew that there are mij guitars in this price range, all of the above are made in China, S Korea or Indonesia for economy reasons. I cant think of a single thing mij with a poor quality for that matter.
So the 500$ tokais are MIJ?! Wow I was looking only at GCs site, I forgot about the Agile and the other alternatives.
I guess I got scared from the negative reviews, Huh?! Thats what you get for being a pessimist.

the realy cheap tokai's are made in china, but they're are still some of the best made guitars
Quote by Arterial

the RGA is kind of nice, i dont like the S series though... The ebay idea is starting to look better and bette. there is a schecter tempest custom w case used for demos brand new for 549$.
Thanks for the links, but i could't post you the schecters because I'm on my phone and i gives me the mobile version
My Standard is a 94... that's 16 years old. War scars and fretwear aside, it's damn solid.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
for 650 bux you could find a used Gibson Studio.
Guitars
1998 Gibson Les Paul Standard
1992 Ibanez RG550
Amplifier
1978 Marshall JMP 2203
Quote by Paith
for 650 bux you could find a used Gibson Studio.

+1
'08 Fender Deluxe Blackout Telecaster
'08 Squier Jagmaster w/ 2 DiMarzio PAFs (DP103/DP223)
'91 Seagull S6 CW Acoustic/Electric
Fender Super Champ XD
Digitech Whammy WH-4
EHX Big Muff Pi (NYC)
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ
A schecter. great guitars for the price, and they're built even better, my c-1 fr that costed me 425 is on par with my les paul (i prefer my schecter tho cuz of the floyd rose, 24 frets, lack of a heel, and a brighter overall tone, and my amp is very bassy so thats a rllly good thing)
Eh.