Poll Options
View poll results: Are you happy?
Yes
189 57%
No
144 43%
Voters: 333.
Page 1 of 4
Think about your life as a whole. Despite everything bad it includes; at the end of the day, does it make you happy?

Or, are there too many things about it that you want to change for you to be ultimately content with your life as it is just now? Are you unhappy with it?

It's a simple question. I guess it's just something I've been thinking about a lot recently. Shit's hit the fan in a lot of ways and yet, because I've dealt with it in my own head and learned from it all, I'm actually very happy with my life in spite of all the stuff that's happening. Just interested to see how the rest of the Pit sees their own lives.

So basically, are you happy or unhappy with your life at present, and why, if you don't mind sharing.

And also, searchbarr'd. Lemme know if it's been done.
I'm happy now that I can tell you it's been done.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I spent my whole day relaxing and watching movies. I'm alive, therefore, I am happy.
Quote by darkstar2466
Don't fret man.
Honestly? I hate my life. I have so many regrets that if I took even one back I'd be a completely different person. Sometimes I wish the world would just end like the movie Dr. Strangelove, all of us being nuked to death and hearing Vera Lynn sing us all goodbye.
My life is ****ed up at the moment but i'm excited about the prospect of fixing it. So yes, i'm happy.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by greenelephants
Sigh. I thought it had as well

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=4211157
Don't use that little search box on the top right go to the search link to the left of it.
That box couldn't find it's ass with both hands.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by football4224
There should be a "content" option.

Haha, I dunno, I would see being content as being happy with the life you have.

Edit:
Quote by Jackal58
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=4211157
Don't use that little search box on the top right go to the search link to the left of it.
That box couldn't find it's ass with both hands.

Riiight. All the time I have been here and nobody has ever told me that. I just took "Searchbarred" as literal

**** man. I clicked that link and was so overwhelmed by the amount of them that I had to close it right away.

Well whatever. Just take this thread as a re-asking of the question, about right now in your life.
Last edited by greenelephants at Jun 27, 2010,
I can't complain.

I come from a middle class background and everything has always been provided for me: clothes, food, education, recreational equipment and all that. Grades come easily enough on their own with little effort on my part. I'm doing fine.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I can't complain.

I come from a middle class background and everything has always been provided for me: clothes, food, education, recreational equipment and all that. Grades come easily enough on their own with little effort on my part. I'm doing fine.

Then why are you such a grumpy bastard?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
It's an alright life aint it
I mean I'm a musician it's bound to go down hill and leave me with nothing
But you know
Quote by greenelephants
Haha, I dunno, I would see being content as being happy with the life you have.

Well, to me and I'm sure to alot of other people here, on a scale its leaning more towards happy than unhappy, but not necessarily enough to justify picking the first option.

I understand that you meant the poll to be pretty much black and white though.
Quote by wizards?
Honestly? I hate my life. I have so many regrets that if I took even one back I'd be a completely different person. Sometimes I wish the world would just end like the movie Dr. Strangelove, all of us being nuked to death and hearing Vera Lynn sing us all goodbye.

Seriously, all of this.

I think anyone that is "Happy" simply is ignorant, I don't see HOW you could be happy without simply ignoring all the bad things in their life.
Quote by football4224
Well, to me and I'm sure to alot of other people here, on a scale its leaning more towards happy than unhappy, but not necessarily enough to justify picking the first option.

I understand that you meant the poll to be pretty much black and white though.

I'm glad that was clear

Quote by Epicbizzjizz
Seriously, all of this.

I think anyone that is "Happy" simply is ignorant, I don't see HOW you could be happy without simply ignoring all the bad things in their life.

It's not a case of ignoring them though. I think people who are happy are simply better at taking those bad things, accepting with them, dealing with them and just not letting them take over.

If you're able to appreciate the good things in your life, and just take the bad things for granted, there's no reason why you can't be happy with it.
Last edited by greenelephants at Jun 27, 2010,
Quote by RU Experienced?
I can't complain.

this is exactly me. except im not really happy at the moment, but I hate complaining, because there's kids that are worse off than me.
has a terrible signature.
Yeah, I am. There's a lot that I could change to make myself happier though, so I'll be trying a whole lot of attitude/routine change after my final exam on Tuesday.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
I can't really complain about my life. I have a few personal problems but for the most part, I feel privileged. I'm in good health, I have enough money, a caring family and several good friends (although I don't see them as much as I'd like to).

But I'm alone. Love desperately escapes me, and I keep getting bullshit after bullshit in this particular field.

I voted no.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
I'm not 100% happy with my life but I'm satisfied enough to keep living.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Last edited by LazyLatinoRocke at Jun 27, 2010,
Quote by RU Experienced?
Because people are idiots and I must give them their just comeuppance.

Can't argue with that.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Can't argue with that.

Yeah, I've pretty much got this whole "life" thing sorted out.

Edit: And I am not grumpy
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Jun 27, 2010,
I don't really have an opinion on whether life's good or not - I have friends, family, good grades, secure finances, my whole life ahead of me and still I'm not living it properly. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing it wrong
Quote by RU Experienced?
Yeah, I've pretty much got this whole "life" thing sorted out.

Edit: And I am not grumpy

To late for denials you all ready admitted to it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
i consider myself happy. life's not perfect, and i'm not complacent with the way things are if they need to improve, but i really enjoy spending time with my friends and writing music. i feel like those give me enough of a purpose in life that i really enjoy myself despite my shortcomings and whatever crappy situations i find myself in at any given time.
Quote by Jackal58
To late for denials you all ready admitted to it.

Grumpy is a word for octogenarians, if anything you could say I'm agitated.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Grumpy is a word for octogenarians, if anything you could say I'm agitated.

Ok. I'll let you slide with agitated.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
When I answered it said yes 13, no 12. now it says yes 26, no 27

pretty close huh?

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Yeah I'm happy. I've got the best friends anyone could ever want, I'm progressing with my guitar loads, just finished my exams and sixth form. There is someone that I want in my life quite badly but that doesn't matter, I can still be happy without them.
Quote by Astyan
I can't really complain about my life. I have a few personal problems but for the most part, I feel privileged. I'm in good health, I have enough money, a caring family and several good friends (although I don't see them as much as I'd like to).

But I'm alone. Love desperately escapes me, and I keep getting bullshit after bullshit in this particular field.

I voted no.

Are you me?
Lets see. Love lifeis non-existant, much like my social life. I have no particularly close friends. I have no job. I'm pretty sh*t at educational stuff. I have weight problem. I have no self-esteem.

I guess I'm not that happy, really.
Everything is fine over here.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I love ham, I'm gay!!!

Buy fresh sliced deli ham and stop being a bitch. Also, never microwave ham ever, it's in strict violation of ham law.
Page 1 of 4