I am having major difficulty in finding 100% CORRECT tabs for songs I wanna learn. All I can find are what people think they are, and everything I find is OBVIOUSLY wrong and I don't understand how the people who tab them out think they're right. Is there a GOOD site? Because even a lot of the "high rated" tabs on this site are just plain wrong.

Its so frustrating trying to learn music when I can't find the RIGHT music.
Yeah, Only use tabs as a rough guide to what it is you wanna play
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
powertabs are usually dead on...guitarpro probably is too, wouldn't know from experience though.
Quote by ratracekid111
And the Tax! Dear God! When I only get one virgin a month, I want the whole freakin' thing! The damn government shouldn't be chopping it in half
See I just started playing guitar, I can't "figure out" what its supposed to be. Even music books Ive paid for have been wrong. It ****ing pisses me off.

And I have a Mac, so powertab isnt an option. And the trial version for GuitarPro doesn't let you use outside files, so I'm screwed I think.
Last edited by lateralus88 at Jun 27, 2010,
Quote by lateralus88
See I just started playing guitar, I can't "figure out" what its supposed to be. Even music books Ive paid for have been wrong. It ****ing pisses me off.

And I have a Mac, so powertab isnt an option. And the trial version for GuitarPro doesn't let you use outside files, so I'm screwed I think.

how would you know, you just started?
not being a dick, but
you say you can not figure things out...

how can you tell if they're wrong then??
How can I tell if they're wrong? Because I play the tabs out and its clearly not how the song goes...how else??
Quote by lateralus88

TuxGuitar can open GP files.

Edit:
Quote by lateralus88
How can I tell if they're wrong? Because I play the tabs out and its clearly not how the song goes...how else??

Post something that is obviously "incorrect" so I can see that you're not just doing it wrong.
Last edited by MapOfYourHead at Jun 27, 2010,
I've been trying to find correct Nirvana tabs, due to the fact that its mostly simple guitar and it would be a good start for me to learn. But just looking at the all the About a Girl tabs on this site, they are all wrong. And the best rated Come as You Are tab, http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/n/nirvana/come_as_you_are_ver4_tab.htm , and watching Kurt play it on DVDs or on youtube he doesn't play it even close to how that is. Yeah the intro, main riff and the solo are right....but everything else isn't.
What you're watching him play isn't the studio version, most of the time live and studio versions have slight, but noticeable differences.
As for having trouble figuring out how to play something correctly on your own, the only way to get better at that is to practice. The more songs you learn/hear/look up tabs for, the easier it gets to take what you hear and reproduce it. As for finding correct tabs........this is the internet dude. You can't really expect a website that lets anyone post content to be 100% accurate. If you are dead seat on learning a certain song but can't find one totally correct tab, then your best bet is to use all the different tabs you can get your hands on and somehow come up with some sort of mashup of all the good parts of those tabs. There is more than one way to play most songs on guitar and two tabs can be very different and still technically be "correct". Again, the more you see different ways to play stuff, the easier it gets to figure it out on your own. Also, it might be cool to be able to play Stairway to Heaven EXACTLY the way Jimmy Page played it, but there are a million people who play identical covers of that song. Whether its with tabs or on your own, come up with a way to play it that you like. Fool around with riffs and lead parts and come up with a version that you find most appealing. That's what it's all about anyway. Just find a way to play it that makes it fun. Agonizing over every pull off and double stop in a solo is a good way to A) get pissed off, and B) make playing the guitar much less fun than it should be.