Hello all I was looking at purchasing the Boss Me-70 processor. I have researched a lot on it, but I'd like to hear what the UG guys have to say. What have your experiences with this piece of equipment been? I'm looking at going directly into the board, and I am playing christian worship mostly. So, an Angles and Airwaves sound essentially. Thanks, guys ^^
I don't have much experience with it but I was impressed with the ME-70's delay. The Wah pedal on it is disappointing. That's really all I have to offer. Since you're playing Angels and Airwaves stuff, I think the delay will suit you well. Plus it has a looper on it, but i never tried it out.
The looper would be nice for practicing for sure, and I agree about the delay. I'm just wondering how the cabinet models sound directly plugged in mostly
Sorry to burst your bubble here, but plugged into a board or something, the amp models are next the useless, apart from the "clean" model, which is useable.

Drives sound sorta dull, but the delays aren't bad. The only use i have for mine is in my fx loop as a volume pedal for delays/looper.

Try looking at a pod x3 live
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Quote by Ratfish
Sorry to burst your bubble here, but plugged into a board or something, the amp models are next the useless, apart from the "clean" model, which is useable.

Drives sound sorta dull, but the delays aren't bad. The only use i have for mine is in my fx loop as a volume pedal for delays/looper.

Try looking at a pod x3 live

Those pods are the best I've heard, haha. But, they are expensive. If I get Me-70 and it's terrible I'll return it, but what about going through a fender tube amp (not sure what model it is, just know it sounds nice)?
I owned an ME-70 for quite a while, it's reallly nice if you don't want to invest a lot in other pedals. Distortion's are meh except the blues distortion which I liked a lot, just cranked the gain if i wanted heavier stuff, I also used the solo boost quite a bit. Most of the other OD's / comp stuff I just played around with. The modulation effects are certainly passable tho, decent chorus, decent flanger, excellent tremolo IMO. The delays are really the ME-70's strongest point, The only problem with these is that you can't use the looper and delay at the same time.. as its on the same pedal. The built in noise suppressor worked wonders for me, and the ability to remember settings/ tuner made it the only thing I needed to jam with friends. Grab guitar, grab ME-70, head out the door.

Overall I'd say it was definitely worth the money, but then again, it depends on what YOU want to use it for.
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR Special.
EpiG400 lefty w/Dimarzio X2N/ Irongear Hot Slag
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
2x12 Cab w/ WGS v30 / gt65
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah truebypass
ICP Gstring Decimator
Sounds fantastic with a headphone/earbud for me though.

Then again, I use the ME-25, a similar unit but more geared towards interface and programming.

Otherwise, almost identical amp models, except the ME-25 has way more options.

If you plug it to an amp, you need to set your amp clean if you use the mfx amp simulator.

I say it sounds decent and good enough through an amp, but sounds better through monitors.
ive had one of these for around a year now and i have to agree with most of whats being said.

the WAH is pants, most of the amp models and overdrive/distortion effects are not very good either.

in my opinions it sounds better through headphones rather than an amp.....my brother even made the remark that it sounded muddy when i was plugged into my valve amp which was on a clean setting.

i have heard great things about the line 6 pods though....they might be a good option?
I had the ME-70 for just over 2 weeks and just returned it over the weekend. I thought it might be a good idea to spend a bit extra instead of just buying a reverb pedal for my Blackstar HT-5.

I initially thought it had everything I would ever need and all in 1 unit. I quickly came to realize that the amp models and the distortions were pretty synthetic. The saturation of the HT-5 even at low volume rendered the ME-70's digital tones useless.

I didnt mind the Wah to be honest, I have a Bad Horsie II now that I look to get rid of and the onboard Wah wasnt horrible. There are some cool features such as the Hum->Single coil, but in the end the reverb was not as good as I wanted and the only other feature I would use is the Delay.

In the end I returned it and kept my Boss DD-7 (anyone want to trade for a Carbon Copy?) and my Wah. Just found a special for a Digitech RV-7 for $49 that I am going to jump on. I guess I am going individual stompboxes.
Gear

EB MusicMan JP6 - Pearl White
Gibson LP Studio - Silverburst
Schecter C-1 Classic - Quilted Blue
Schecter Banshee (x2) - Marine Blue
Taylor GS-Mini
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Half Stack
Line 6 HD500