Is this a good idea? I've gone to a barber twice this year and I don't like what I get when I go there, so I'm taking matters into my own hands.

Does anyone have any advice on cutting my own hair?
You'll look like shit the first couple of times

Also, you've only gone to the barber twice in almost 7 months
It's gonna be awhile before you can make it look good.

Unless you're just buzzing everything off...
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I'm still trying to find someone with an electric razor to give me a buzz cut, so until then I'm just growing out the old mullet. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay some high school drop out 15 bucks to shave my head
You have to use a lot of mirrors. A lot of them. Only cut your hair when you have steady hands. Never do it when you're drunk no matter how good of an idea you think it is at the time. It might be just hair, but trust that.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
This is a bad idea. either go to beauty school, or go somewhere half-way decent where they know what they're doing.

Screw barber shops. Salons are where it's at. Even for dudes!
Quote by whatadrag
This is a bad idea. either go to beauty school, or go somewhere half-way decent where they know what they're doing.

Pretty much this shit right here.

Although personally, I just get one of my ladyfriends who happen to be trainee hairdressers to give it a go. Interesting results.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Just go to a small barbershop. I go to the same one every time, it's a locally owned business with a nice owner. It costs like 8 bucks to get a nice haircut, but there is no price you can pay to make people forget how goofy you look.
Quote by whatadrag

Girls give shit buzz cuts most of the time.
Every time I get my hair cut they give me a fucking mullet. No matter how many times I say "I want the back just whacked off, I want you to take as much as you can off of it" they always leave length at the back that I don't want.

I was complaining to my girlfriend about this recently and she got a pair of scissors out and just cut off the back of my hair for me
I'm thinking I'm going to use the electric razor with the maximum length clipper thing. Not to short, but not to long.
Yea you could just go buy some clippers for like 20 bucks and that is super easy to do on your own. Just imagine you're GI Jane and whack that crap off.

Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
Quote by Dirge Humani

It is almost impossible to give a shit buzz cut.

Shows what you thought! OH HO HO
Quote by greenelephants
Every time I get my hair cut they give me a fucking mullet. No matter how many times I say "I want the back just whacked off, I want you to take as much as you can off of it" they always leave length at the back that I don't want.

I was complaining to my girlfriend about this recently and she got a pair of scissors out and just cut off the back of my hair for me

That happens to me everytime too, I specifically told her to cut the back shorter and leave more on the front and instead she did the exact opposite.

They're probably trying to bring mullets back.

Last edited by WantsLesPaul at Jun 27, 2010,
Quote by darkcheef
You'll look like shit the first couple of times

Also, you've only gone to the barber twice in almost 7 months

He's doing better than me. I haven't been to the barber in 2 years.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by WantsLesPaul
That happens to me everytime too, I specifically told her to cut the back shorter and leave more on the front and instead she did the exact opposite.

They're probably trying to bring mullets back.

My hairdresser does have a mullet...
Quote by greenelephants

...I'd be wary of having someone cut my hair if they had a mullet. How does that work out?

Quote by aliceinnirvana
...I'd be wary of having someone cut my hair if they had a mullet. How does that work out?

It's not a mullet like

But it's a subtle one, with spikes and highlights and shit, that I've noticed more and more the more I walk out of the shop looking like him and saying "I've got a ****ing mullet!"
I've cut me and my mates hair for years, but all that involved was shaving it bald. Piece of piss if you want it the same length all over.
Quote by greenelephants

Remember that one riddle about which barber to go to if a town has only two barbers?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK