Sup UG, I'm back after a long hiatus, and tough times making me sell some of my gear. However.... GOOD NEWS, EVERYONE (Farnsworth voice) I'm making some good money now and I'm back playing with a band more suited towards my style than my old one. That said, i need to re-stock my pedal board. My first step is getting a Wah pedal back.

In the day, I had the Dunlop Crybaby Standard (yes the GCB-95 one) and I was never too happy with it. Now i'm looking at different wahs and I was thinking if anyone could lend some insight on the following. BTW i'm looking for some wah that gives me variety without having to mod. I'm willing to spend, but nothing outrages like 400+

1. Fulltone Clyde Deluxe
2. Teese RMC Wheels of Fire
3. Keeley fully modded Crybaby or Vox wah
4. Budda Budwah

tell me your secrets, UG
I'm assuming you don't play metal, judging by your gear.

The new RMC 8 with the graphic EQ looks rather interesting.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
I'm assuming you don't play metal, judging by your gear.

The new RMC 8 with the graphic EQ looks rather interesting.

correct assumption. I'd check out the RMC 8, but i can't seem to find audio clips and it is only on sale at locations far from where I live.
RMC3 is my favorite. It kicks every other wah I've played/owned in the balls. And I've owned/played many high end wahs. I haven't tried the 8 yet but from what I remember Teese telling me, it's basically a 4 w/ an EQ thingy for more versatility. Not as versatile as the 3 as all the sounds available are variations on the 4's sound. And with the 3, Teese will help you get whatever sound you're looking for. And he replies in minutes or hours, not days.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
RMC3 is my favorite. It kicks every other wah I've played/owned in the balls. And I've owned/played many high end wahs. I haven't tried the 8 yet but from what I remember Teese telling me, it's basically a 4 w/ an EQ thingy for more versatility. Not as versatile as the 3 as all the sounds available are variations on the 4's sound. And with the 3, Teese will help you get whatever sound you're looking for. And he replies in minutes or hours, not days.

I've thought about the RMC 3 but how easy is it to change things? If I'm onstage i can't open the thing to make changes. However if i'm recording then it's probably the best choice. I'll consider it out of all the Teese wahs.
If you buy another bottom plate, cut out a hole and put that piece on a hinge it'd be fairly easy. You'd just have to mark different settings to make it fast. I find that it's just a set and forget type thing. I use the same settings for everything. I do wish I had a little more high end when playing metal but I don't play metal often.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs