I've been looking into foot pedals, and I'd like to know more about them, i.e., different types, price ranges, recommended brands, that sort of thing. Their's probably already a thread for this, and if there is, it'd be easier if you just linked that for me.

If it applies at all, I work with a Fender Squier Strat and a Gibson ESP-100.

Thanks in advance
Look at the stickies.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
People are gonna want to know your amp too, just fyi, and what's a Gibson ESP-100??

But more on topic, check out sites like proguitarshop.com. They have demo videos of all sorts of different pedals, it's where I tell my friends to go when they say they want to start getting into pedals, it's normally easier than trying to verbalize a sound like a phaser or something.

Best of luck with your new quest, and prepare for a little bit of price tag shock at first. That's what happened to me at least, haha.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Oh. I'm kind of just waiting for natural selection here, so excuse occasional stupidity.

It's ACTUALLY a Gibson Epiphone LP-100\HS

And the amp is A Roland Cube 20X.
ESP is a guitar manufacturer, as is Gibson - you can't have both in one guitar. The Gibson ES-100 was made between 1938 and 1941... so the newest ones are now almost 70 years old... so if you've got one, you're extraordinarily lucky. It was re-introduced as the more familiar Gibson ES-125 in 1946. What sort of drugs are you on dude?
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
He's new, give him a break.

Your amp has tons of effects on it, check those out, they're pretty shitty (I have a Cube 30x) but they'll give you the general idea.

Quote by bogg808

What sort of drugs are you on dude?

The ones that decrease brain function severely.
Quote by mcraddict81592
He's new, give him a break.

"Join Date: Jul 2009" <---- not exactly brand new!
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
It's true, I've been playing the thing for almost a year now, I just never bothered to learn the terminology. I suppose doing that now couldn't hurt.

My thought process, more or less, was; Hey, this thing makes noise if I hit the strings. Maybe if I put this plug thing in here, it'll be noisier.

Verbatim.

So I know enough about pedals to know what a particular one is supposed to sound like, but what about brands? Are there any particular ones that in your experience are worth buying?
I like MXR and EHX if you wanna stay mainstream, really not a fan of boss except for their delay line. Malekko and Catalinbread are awesome reasonably priced boutique brands, so is some of lovepedal's line, but I haven't had any experience with them, Xotic also puts out some good stuff and isn't that steep price-wise.

And I meant new as in (seemingly) new to gear, not the website.

Quote by bogg808