Strife
Such Gold
Swamp Thing
Terror
Tigers Jaw
Touche Amore
Transit
Xibalba

Looks pretty awesome! Who all is going to go? I'd like to, but I don't have very many people to go with and it's far away, haha.
cool that daylights playing, and product of waste, swamp thing, rotting out, and sick of it all stood out to me as bands i'd really like to see, cause they're not playing every other usa fest this year like most of the other bands on the card. But TIH still has the better lineup if only for Kid Dynamite and Ink and Dagger.

I feel like all the fests now aren't very different cause they have all the same hype bands. TIH getting KD and I&D sets them apart from the pack of just another cliche festival imo. Joe Hardcore really stepped his game up this year in outdoing all the other fest. Last year S+Fs lineup was tons better than TIH. This year not so much. But they do have a lot of cool smaller bands that don't play as frequently as others(like the ones i mentioned at the top of my post), so i'll give them a +1 for that.

EDIT:Why the **** is man overboard playing this? My friend used to be in that band and they suck. Why they would travel 3000 miles to to play a show where noone will care about them, and get no reaction, I have no idea.

EDITEDIT:lol at the dude with the reign supreme user name
Last edited by handbanana at Jun 27, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
EDITEDIT:lol at the dude with the reign supreme user name

My name is supposed to be kind of a joke :P But, I get what you're saying. Personally, I think Terror and Earth Crisis are going to be my favorite bands there (yeah, yeah. The most mainstream, I know) But, I like about half of the bands. Harm's Way is REALLY good, btw. Saw them up in Mesa with Foundation (WHY ARE THEY SO POPULAR?) and Backtrack (who are really good). Bane is going to be awesome, but they are always touring. I'd like to see another 10 for 10 tour going around.
I would be stoked to see Loma Prieta and Mammoth Grinder. I went to this a couple years ago and had a lot of fun. It was the exact fest I needed to see for where my musical tastes were. I don't think I would go again because I've seen most of those bands though.
Quote by JxD
I would be stoked to see Loma Prieta and Mammoth Grinder. I went to this a couple years ago and had a lot of fun. It was the exact fest I needed to see for where my musical tastes were. I don't think I would go again because I've seen most of those bands though.

Haha. Who cares if you've seen them?! It's about going to the show, dude! If Madball was coming to your area would you just not go cause "you've already seen them"? Haha.
he's trying to say seeing the same bands over and over gets boring. which is kind of what I was saying....
Quote by xRGNSUPx
Haha. Who cares if you've seen them?! It's about going to the show, dude! If Madball was coming to your area would you just not go cause "you've already seen them"? Haha.

If Madball were coming to my area I'd just not go, because it's Madball.

And the only bands that really caught my eye were loma prieta and mammoth grinder as well, although I'm sure it'd be a fun show to go to.
Quote by xRGNSUPx

I like your enthusiasm (for real).
That's awesome because in aus we don't have bands like this come over, and if we had this exact lineup, more people will still go to a parkway gig. Hardcore 2010 has australias three best bands, mindsnare, toe to toe and extortion and that's no opinion. I missed Graf orlock and dangers last night because I had to play a gig 200km away. You guys get the best shows.

But yeah I've noticed that gigs always have the same staple bands for every big show. Where are your main ones held? Big areas in hardcore ghettos or just wherever?
Philly, NY, Baltimore, Richmond, Jersey, Boston, Cleveland, and a whole mess of places in Cali seem to be where the biggest scenes/shows are.
Quote by 12shinn21
If Madball were coming to my area I'd just not go, because it's Madball.

How the HELL do you not like Madball? Do you not like any of those "toughguy" sounds, then?
Quote by xRGNSUPx
How the HELL do you not like Madball? Do you not like any of those "toughguy" sounds, then?

As a jaded ex-hardcore dude, I can say that I at one point liked Madball, but they're just way too consistent. They've been releasing the same album since like 1993.
Quote by xRGNSUPx

Nah I'm just not a fan of the "toughguy" sound for the most part, and Madball never struck me as one of the better bands doing it. Sorry if I came across as a bit of a knob btw.
Quote by 12shinn21
Nah I'm just not a fan of the "toughguy" sound for the most part, and Madball never struck me as one of the better bands doing it. Sorry if I came across as a bit of a knob btw.

haha. nah. Everyone has their own taste. What hardcore do you prefer, then?
Quote by handbanana
Hatebreed > Madball

Set it Off is the only madball song I really like

Hatebreed (Satisfaction is the Death of Desire era) > Madball

Also, this is directed at xRGNSUPX, you should listen to Judge. They're not tough-guy hardcore, but they were what I progressed on to after my stint listening to stuff like Terror and Madball. You must learn the magic that is youth crew.
Quote by JxD
Hatebreed (Satisfaction is the Death of Desire era) > Madball

Also, this is directed at xRGNSUPX, you should listen to Judge. They're not tough-guy hardcore, but they were what I progressed on to after my stint listening to stuff like Terror and Madball. You must learn the magic that is youth crew.

I like youth crew, haha. But, I'll check Judge out right now!
Quote by xRGNSUPx
haha. nah. Everyone has their own taste. What hardcore do you prefer, then?

I honestly don't like one particular type, just a few bands from heaps of the different subgenres. Here's my last.fm anyway.
Nice, but you weren't kidding! Haha. SOME RANDOM ASS BANDS! :P I like that, though! Shows you know what you like. I just discovered Title Fight not too long ago, and I'm loving them. You know Fireworks? They are relatively new.
Quote by xRGNSUPx
Nice, but you weren't kidding! Haha. SOME RANDOM ASS BANDS! :P I like that, though! Shows you know what you like. I just discovered Title Fight not too long ago, and I'm loving them. You know Fireworks? They are relatively new.

Haha thanks I guess, but I never thought my music taste was all that "random." Yeah I have Adventure Robbery and Nostalgia by Fireworks but the guys voice started to irk me pretty bad.
Terror is probably better than hatebreed, madball, and judge. i was never much of a judge fan tbh

and for the record Fireworks is not a new band, but they are indeed a really bad band, the singer is so annoying. and ill give you a nice little late pass on title fight
Last edited by handbanana at Jun 29, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
Tell scott vogel that

Was it Scott Vogel that couldn't go to AZ for a while because he slept with some guy's fiance? I remember something about that a couple years ago. Like he was afraid of getting shot, haha.