How would i go about doing this and what would be the cost? I would like to buy my first amp and the ac4tv looks/sounds good but lacks the portability of the da5 microcube etc..
With batteries or a generator.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
You mean without plugging it into the wall?

You won't be able to power anything without plugging it into anything at all, unless you've got some sort of super sonar powers or something.

You'll need to plug it into either a batter pack, or an generator.

Will you be playing it somewhere where you don't have access to a wall?
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
without mains, that amp would need to be run off a generator, which will be kinda impractical I would think.
I'm gonna go ahead and throw this out there... Why not just plug it in?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

You playing on a float in a parade or something?

My band did that.
We used a generator.

It worked pretty good too.
Power a Full PA(4-400 watt speakers, in-ear monitoring system, etc), amps, and keyboards.

One of the funnest things I've done.
I'm sure I've seen a battery powered tube amp somewhere, I don't remember where though, or maybe I'm just crazy
Haha, I wanna play a gig on a float in a parade.

We don't have many parade in jolly old England though, especially not ones that have floats.

Hold on, people wouldn't be able to listen to a full song?
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Nah, they just hear you as you go by.
You only need about... 3 songs in your setlist.

I mean, seriously, no one is gonna see you long enough for a song, let alone 2.
The "crowd" or whatever you want to call the passerbys seemed to think it was awesome though.
Haha yeah, I'd definatly stop and watch if I saw a band going past on a float.

TS dosn't seem too interested to reply on his lack of wall.
the problem with a tube amp is that it uses a lot of power. very inefficient compared to say a flashlight.

you'd need gobs and gobs of batteries.
a generator works cuz they are just portable electricity thingamajigs.
you could do it off a car battery.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
This is only required if you are doing your own outdoor, unprofessional, middle of nowhere gigs. Ala Kyuss.

If not, and you are playing indoor, I think most places have plug sockets on the walls these days, or do I live in future town?

Why exactly do you want an alternative power source?
I have often toyed with the idea of a portable valve amp. It is still possible to pick up the old 12U7 valves they used to use in car radios. They are designed to run off 12V, both heater and plate. You could run the whole thing off a motorbike or alarm system battery.
It wouldn't be very loud but would be very cool for say, busking in a train station or somewhere else with good acoustics.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification