Page 1 of 4
for all of you that have ever preformed onstage for a gig or some othere reason what is the most embarrassing thing that you've had happen to you?

i searched and got a thread from '06 and decided id be killed if i bumped.

I was playing bass for a jazz band concert and we did this rrreeeeaaalllyyyy loud latin piece with all 5 levels of band classes and my carvin bass and its freaking powerful pickups overdrived the amp to insanity and about killed it.

i have also had cables short out several times while doing an awesome bass fill or just keeping rhythm in my band at a couple different state fairs and small gigs. my carvin kills everything i guess
I'm up for building you a pedal.
(Or modding nearly anything moddable)
(PM Me.)
My very first show with my first band (I was 14 or so and had an alt band) I pulled the cable out of my guitar.

Twice.

It bothers me to this day.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
I kicked my amp and stubbed my toe.
I had to sit down and play for a second while I winced.
It was bleeding afterward lol.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
I tripped over a cable and fell over and dented my guitar. I also bent the cable jack. It was during my guitar solo. That was pretty embarrassing. But it was like 4 years ago.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I dropped my pick one time 4 bars into a song at the talent show. That sucked, especially since the singer awkwardly bent over to give it to me.
Worst thing that's happened to me so far was headbutting my guitarists headstock full in the face... that hurt like a bastard.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I rolled my ankle, and almost fell, but didn't. I DID limp around onstage and ended up needing a stool.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Fell off stage once and landed on some chick. The fall broke her nose, but I got her number after I helped clean her up.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by CullenT
My very first show with my first band (I was 14 or so and had an alt band) I pulled the cable out of my guitar.

Twice.

never been onstage before , but when i was playing for some friends i was going along with a song but completely forgot the next riff haha
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by guitarsftw
I rolled my ankle, and almost fell, but didn't. I DID limp around onstage and ended up needing a stool.

sounds like whel al pitrelli broke his leg, then again it was his leg
(PM Me.)
I was extremely high and just kinda mumbled the backing vocals to one of our songs. Needless to say, watching it on video I sound like i'm saying "shaaa ararahh! blassaa fagblahka! Waaaaah reee mah!"

That was the last time I've ever played a show non-sober.

Runners-up:

Same show I played one of my solos in the wrong part of the song
Put my foot up on an unstable monitor and nearly fell over right in front of everyone
Dropped my last spare pick and had to end a song doing a breadown with my fingers
This last one wasn't all my fault, but of the 6 people in my band, 3 of us started playing a different song than the other 3 and didnt sort it out until the chorus hit.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jun 27, 2010,
The most embarrassing thing for me was we had to skip like 3 of our songs because our singer got stage fright and couldn't remember those songs.
Splawn Quickrod
Various Pedals
PRS Custom 22
Ibanez RG560
American Standard Strat
i dropped my pick so i grabbed my spare on the music stand and instantly dropped that one too.
we had to stop the song.
If it's creative, true to your musical goal, and it sounds good, put it in the song.

1. Guitar, delay, verb, amp, and creativity.
2. Well-tuned acoustic piano and creativity.
3. A bottle of water.
Quote by StewieSwan
I was extremely high and just kinda mumbled the backing vocals to one of our songs. Needless to say, watching it on video I sound like i'm saying "shaaa ararahh! blassaa fagblahka! Waaaaah reee mah!"

That was the last time I've ever played a show non-sober.

oh god i've done this before too. Except in my case I'm the lead singer.
Sail upon the open skies
First performance, my voice was way too vibrato, and I screwed up the solo big time. It isn't even that hard of a solo. And then everyone clapped anyway, for which I reprimanded them.
Quote by jfreyvogel
This kid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdkzgUIWXBY > Greenday and Paramore

espChris93 wrote:
The connection between a catholic church and Slayer seems more likely anyway, they're both filled with hypocrites and have blind followers.
Quote by CullenT

Twice.

first show with my new band a few months ago I did the same thing.

Twice. Once during a solo.

RAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEe
has a terrible signature.
I went to do the Slide thing alot of 80s Guitarist did and I forgot how small the stage was and how hard i threw myself, Needless to say I slide off Stage into a table, 2 people, and a floor.

I Kept Playing Though!!!
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
My lead came out during a song and I didn't notice until about ten seconds later. The band carried on jamming whilst the lead singer and I searched the stage floor the the lead end
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
This was for a talent show for school so it wasn't that big, but it was the last time I played in front of people (not because I've become gun shy but I haven't been able to find an opportunity since it was like three months ago and I live in a very small town)

I was supposed to play a song with a full band but I was the only one that knew the song and they all bailed on me. I was determined to still go on and play, although I wasn't supposed to be the singer. Since the song would have been empty if it was just my guitar, I tried to mix the lead when I wasn't singing with the rhythm part when I was singing to make it into one whole song. However, that night I discovered that when people can hear me sing, I panic. I forgot half of the first verse and switched all my pedals at the wrong time and stopped mid song, apologized for sucking, and walked off stage.

I still get embarrassed about it but I haven't stopped trying.
The talent show at my friend's high school. I was in the middle of singing the song, and the sound people there kept on screwing around with the volume for the mics. Everyone was looking at me wierd because they thought it was me. It took a little while for everyone to believe me.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by StewieSwan

Please tell me you have the video on youtube
dodged a bottle of piss but unfortunately my marshall amps never more pain and sorrow than embarassment
ಠ_ಠ SCOTLAND ಠ_ಠ
FTW
WORLD CUP 2014
Showed everyone up with how awesome I was.

No really, I played Raining Blood at full speed (I know its a bit cliched, but its still pretty good) for a recital with all of my other guitar teacher's students. Most of them were just starting out, and thus were pretty crappy. The only other guy who was on the same level as me/better than me was an acoustic player, but our styles were so different that it was like comparing apples and oranges.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
I was playing and had a music stand in front of me, where I was going off of chord charts. And I started on the wrong song, so then I had to stop, switch the charts, and while switching the charts, i dropped the one to the song i was supposed to be playing and had to try and improvise the song, until, luckily, some one in the audience picked up the sheet I dropped and handed it back to me.
Nothing that bad.

Strap's fallen off several times in one show in front of a girl that I liked, but it was more funny then embarrassing.

One time the singer of this popular band from around here was being featured on stage by our band and she got a little wild and stomped on my Monster cable at my wah pedal and snapped it almost in 2.

Hmm. Another time when I was playing a show outside at the temperature was about 12 degrees F I had this solo bit off of the Ocean by Led Zep and I completely butchered it, but the crowd was quite understanding I think, considering that most of them were inside where it was warm.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Not onstage exactly, but I was at a party where everyone had been doing karaoke. I had a few drinks in me and decided that I wanted to sing I Will Always Love You. I knew all the words, so I didn't even need the lyric display. About halfway through the song, the karaoke machine messed up and I was too drunk to even notice.

I finished the song acapella, and sang as if the music was still going. A bunch of people recorded the whole thing on their phones.

It's not that I sounded bad or anything, I just kept going like nothing had happened. Everybody clapped and cheered, but a lot of people were laughing.
I sprained my ankle a few hours before the first show I played with one of my bands. Wound up playing the show on crutches.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
2nd or 3rd show we played I had a faulty patch chord connecting my amp to the PA system. It died during a song - so no bass. I unplugged it and plugged directly into my amp and turned up the amp, but this still took like 20 seconds - at least the band didn't stop playing.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
I sprained my ankle a few hours before the first show I played with one of my bands. Wound up playing the show on crutches.

oh that would have to suck so bad, i couldnt play like for 2.5 months because i broke my foot and i hate sitting
(PM Me.)
I've only played a couple times with spectators (never more than 5 people). I don't really count those as a gigs, but whatever... The most embarassing one was easily back in May, when I went to try out for a fairly meh Punk/potential-Ska band and, I was having an off day and pretty much sucked horrendously. It didn't help that they wanted me to learn a song in like 2 minutes and then write a solo in 4, but still. I had a lot more playing experience and practice hours than they did (I was at like 2.7 years or something and they were all nearing a year) and I just should've done way better than I did. But I didn't...

I laughed it off at the time, and on the stage, but now I kick myself about it from time to time.
I jumped up on a box, lost balance, did a backflip and landed on my stomach. I thought I looked like a dumbass, everyone thought it was ****ing awesome
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Well we have a song where we all yell boner (its a joke song lol) and no one informed me that we wouldn't actually yell boner until the second time through. So when everything was quiet i was the only one that yelled boner. I laughed.
I breathed in and some of my hair got stuck in my throat, so I had to stop playing and pull it out before I threw up everywhere. Haha.
broke a string during the second song of my first gig ever, fairly early in my playing so i didnt have a backup guitar. Had to play the rest of the song without the string then re-string after the song. It was just a family party but there were 20-30 people there and it was akward rushing to re-string while the audience just sat there and watched and waited
Gear:
Epiphone Explorer (Lucy)
Jay Turser Les Paul
1986 B.C. Rich Mockingbird N.J. Series w/Kahler Flyer Trem
Squier Strat
Washburn Lyon Acoustic
Charvel Bass
Fender Frontman 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Quote by DonWeaso
I breathed in and some of my hair got stuck in my throat, so I had to stop playing and pull it out before I threw up everywhere. Haha.

hahaha one of the benefits of short hair
(PM Me.)
Quote by evhbrianmay
hahaha one of the benefits of short hair

But I love my hair so much...haha.

And it's oh so necessary for headbanging.
There was a time where I was standing at the edge of the stage and my strap button got ripped out and well, my guitar whacked a girl in the head and then fell on the ground. The girl was okay but one of the fins on the guitar was pretty ****ed. A lot of people were laughing. I felt really bad and embarrassed. That was definitely the worst time.
Busted my ass.

My top guitar strap button fell out of my guitar. I had to prop my leg up and play a whole show like that.

My cable shorted out and I sat for 5 minutes asking if I could borrow anyone's cord. finally the singer from a band found his guitar player's cord.

My cable gets ripped out of my pedal's input jack all the time. always embarrassing. I've also missed my pedal before. it went from clean guitar to me yelling "FUUUUUU-" haha

Once I almost knocked my head off of my cab. it was scary.
Page 1 of 4