Page 1 of 2
as we all know that plastic guitar shaped device with the multi coloured buttons has been around for a while now, but what impact has it made?

ok to start off im gonna go for a bad example of guitar hero influence

i was in my local music shop trying out some guitars tinkering about, so i started to play some fast runs from a malmsteen song and i noticed this kid maybe like 10 or 12 just watching, so i stopped and said hey little guy you play guitar, he was like nah im just here with my brother i play guitar hero, i was like cool atleast he likes guitar orientated music. he then went on to say that i was a decent shredder and i had potential ( he is like 10 lmao) then he asks if i can play through fire and flames so ofcourse i said hell no dragon force is the worst taste in music, then he comes out with dude i can get it 98 % accurate on expert then casually walks away then as he leaves i hear him saying to his brother that guy there sucks he doesnt even like herman li and cant even play through fire and flames....

from that day on i am against guitar hero, whats your views XD

ps the song i was playing as he was watching was far beyond the sun by malmsteen

ಠ_ಠ SCOTLAND ಠ_ಠ
FTW
WORLD CUP 2014
Last edited by GrahamQuinn at Jun 27, 2010,
Cons- ^^^
Pros - pisses people off.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
pros - nothing

cons - nothing

IT'S A FREAKING GAME.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by GrahamQuinn
as we all know that plastic guitar shaped device with the multi coloured buttons has been around for a while now, but what impact has it made?

ok to start off im gonna go for a bad example of guitar hero influence

i was in my local music shop trying out some guitars tinkering about, so i started to play some fast runs from a malmsteen song and i noticed this kid maybe like 10 or 12 just watching, so i stopped and said hey little guy you play guitar, he was like nah im just here with my brother i play guitar hero, i was like cool atleast he likes guitar orientated music. he then went on to say that i was a decent shredder and i had potential ( he is like 10 lmao) then he asks if i can play through fire and flames so ofcourse i said hell no dragon force is the worst taste in music, then he comes out with dude i can get it 98 % accurate on expert then casually walks away then as he leaves i hear him saying to his brother that guy there sucks he doesnt even like herman li and cant even play through fire and flames....

from that day on i am against guitar hero, whats your views XD

ps the song i was playing as he was watching was far beyond the sun by malmsteen

I wish I had a dollar for everytime a UGer has told that exact same story.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jun 27, 2010,
Quote by GrahamQuinn
just a healthy debate thats all

Dabateing what exactly? The complete lack of impact that GH has had on the world at large?

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
pros- good time waster

cons- elitism
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
i dunno man it reinvented slash from the grave and some say it help bring rock back to life to

personally i hate the guy that invented it :p
ಠ_ಠ SCOTLAND ಠ_ಠ
FTW
WORLD CUP 2014
Pros - it's good fun

cons - it makes people start stupid arguements
Sail upon the open skies
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
pro
fun with friends
makes gf feel good to beat you

cons
annoying 12 yr old boys
makes searching for a youtube video slightly more difficult'
steals potential guitarists lives
Pros: Cool people either have fun playing it or are not disturbed when others play it
Cons: Musical elitists who create threads like these and bash the GAME to no end because they feel so much more superior.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by GrahamQuinn
i dunno man it reinvented slash from the grave and some say it help bring rock back to life to

personally i hate the guy that invented it :p

And how exactly did it do either of those things? Slash always was big and rock never died, it's only idiot n00bs who say either of them ever went away...

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
And how exactly did it do either of those things? Slash always was big and rock never died, it's only idiot n00bs who say either of them ever went away...

Go get some sleep, man.
MATTERHORN
Pros - It gives people the opportunity to make threads like these, which gives the mods plenty of banning exercise.

Cons - It makes people turn into idiots.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

well lets be fair here, did you see slash on tv much or recording new stuff prior to his guitar hero song? now he is back on tv recording new material and touring off the back of guitar hero ads and that song he made,

and yeh chuckles your right it has opened a door for people to enjoy different types of music other than the pop charts
ಠ_ಠ SCOTLAND ಠ_ಠ
FTW
WORLD CUP 2014
Quote by phlip999
Pros - It gives people the opportunity to make threads like these, which gives the mods plenty of banning exercise.

Cons - It makes people turn into idiots.

why would this get banned exactly? its the pit for discussion, and this is what were doing the shock the horror
ಠ_ಠ SCOTLAND ಠ_ಠ
FTW
WORLD CUP 2014
Pros: It gives some kids interest to learn guitar (I know it did for me and many of my friends)

Cons: People who take it too seriously
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Go get some sleep, man.

I should probably just stop drinking really...

Quote by GrahamQuinn
well lets be fair here, did you see slash on tv much or recording new stuff prior to his guitar hero song? now he is back on tv recording new material and touring off the back of guitar hero ads and that song he made,

and yeh chuckles your right it has opened a door for people to enjoy different types of music other than the pop charts

I personally saw him on stage with Velvet Revolver in 2007, at which point he was already planning his solo album, I would say that the timing was more or less coincidental and he'd probably be doing the same with or without guitar hero.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by GrahamQuinn
well lets be fair here, did you see slash on tv much or recording new stuff prior to his guitar hero song?

I saw TONS of Slash before GH took off.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
yeh your recorded vhs dont count XD
ಠ_ಠ SCOTLAND ಠ_ಠ
FTW
WORLD CUP 2014
Pros: GH is a game, hence you have fun with your friends

Cons: Unless you have no friends to play with, you will start trying to get a high score and become lonely and in your lonely, you may become an elitist.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Pros - It introduces people to new music

Cons - Most people don't pursue that music beyond whats in the game. Example, whenever I wear a Muse shirt I always get a "Hey I like that one song by them" If it's a chick I ask if it's a guy I ask "Knights of Cydonia?" (GHIII) or lately if its a chick, "Supermassive Blackhole or I Belong to You?" (Twilight, why oh why did they have to do that? :sad

Also I'm pretty bad at it, but I haven't tried in a while.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Last edited by mattman93 at Jun 27, 2010,
PROS:
Is what exposed me and got me interested in Rock and Metal
Is what got me interested in Guitar (as an actual instrument)

CONS:
Scares people away by making the guitr seem complicated
It's not nearly as fun as Elcectric Guitr.
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Pros: Opens peoples minds to rock and metal and shows it is not "devils music".

Cons: I suck at it >:-(

Only people who get worked up about guitar hero/ rock band is that they are mad cause they are not cool / popular for playing an actual guitar.
another con: It makes too many people interested in guitar...so there is a even bigger over flow of guitarist today...CAN A BROTHA FIND A GOOD BASSIST!!
Quote by Zayrank
another con: It makes too many people interested in guitar...so there is a even bigger over flow of guitarist today...CAN A BROTHA FIND A GOOD BASSIST!!

YEH I HEAR YOU ON THAT ONE, every cat wants to be the lead shred head :p
ಠ_ಠ SCOTLAND ಠ_ಠ
FTW
WORLD CUP 2014
Quote by GrahamQuinn
YEH I HEAR YOU ON THAT ONE, every cat wants to be the lead shred head :p

It has always been that way, especially the 80's
It gets kids into guitar-based music.

I wouldn't be into the music I am now if it hadn't been for Guitar Hero and Rock Band.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by NothingRocks
As soon as you said Dragonforce is bad taste in music I stopped reading. Your idiocy is astounding.

As much as I would love to see the TS end up like the torso-man-thing in Johnny Got His Gun for making such a horrible thread I still have to say, Dragonforce are fucking awful.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by Lots O' FX
As much as I would love to see the TS end up like the torso-man-thing in Johnny Got His Gun for making such a horrible thread I still have to say, Dragonforce are fucking awful.

Opinions =/= Facts
Finger strength? thats all i can think of
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666
Banned because your avatar blew my mind.

Damn straight.
Quote by scrubzyful
Finger strength? thats all i can think of

lolno.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Page 1 of 2